Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Update!

(5 posts)
  1. ClutterFree

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 14 2010 21:58:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll do my best to keep this short, if only because I'm tuckered.

As you guys know from my several I'm-freaking-out, there's-so-much-to-do, help-I'm-useless posts, I had my 1st treatment about two weeks ago. At the time I couldn't get a packtite, I was at my wits end re having to check every page of every one of my mom's books, publications and papers in time for that 1st treatment. Nobugs and others, I believe, suggested that we just pack everything and packtite after. DeedleBeetle mentioned that there were ppl selling packtites used on Amazon and I took a chance on the prsn who had no rating (which was better than the other guy who had a ghastly rating).

We packed everything in, I think, record time and were hot, sweaty messes for it. Neither of us got enough sleep for about a week. I took off the day of the treatment (much to my boss' unhappiness) and we worked some more. The guys came late, were very knowledgeable and very nice. Considering we'd gone to bed at 3 the night before, midnight was pretty good that night.

Since then we have been in the process of de-bagging/unpacking and re-organizing/cleaning. Unfortunately, for me who's the messy one, that's meant that I have a lot of stuff still bagged. So much so that when our PCO came back for the 2nd treatment he teased me. The poop. (It also would have gone faster if I hadn't had an almost pathological need to line my drawers before I could put anything in them.) Anywho, the packtite came today from the seller. It's humungo! Mom picked me up and I stuck it in my room while I helped her put the house back together after the painting job we had done today. I finally unpacked the packtite after everything in the rest of the apt was set to rights. Golly it's big. Not that I'm complaining! It'll do a lot more books than I thought it might.

And that's where we are. 2 treatments down, 1 to go. 1 re-painting done. 1 packtite now had, apparently straight from the factory with everything still attached to the rack, etc. I do have one dilemma. I've got the packtite, but I don't have a bookshelf anymore. We chucked my old one, post-treatment, and haven't built the new ones yet. Should I wait for the shelf to be built before cooking the books? There's no place to put the books once unpacked, and no place to put the bookshelves until they're unpacked.

I feel like I should have more to say....

2. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 14 2010 23:00:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Follow your PCOs instructions. If he says unbag, unbag.
    I wouldnt get shelves; you might get some bug tupperware type containers for your books for a while...

I did a lot of books. I set them upright with fanned out pages (at like a 45 degree angle of openness?) My only problem is I have those huge calvin and hobbes hardbound books, very thick, longer than they are tall; the pages came free from the binding glue with those. So just a word of caution on some hardbounds.

3. ClutterFree

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 15 2010 5:50:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I am unbagging! Really, I am. I just wanted to put the winter/fall clothes directly into storage since having them everywhere but away was part of my clutter issues. But I've come to the conclusion that I should have enough space for fall stuff, so they'll be put away in drawers and the winter stuff will go away. I'm not sure I'll have enough room for bb boxes for the books. They're bagged+boxed+sealed right now b/c we don't have storage for anything as permanent as tupperware.

4. Beth

account closed

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 15 2010 17:44:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad they sent your packtite! Good advice bushbugg on fanning the books out. Packtites don't seem to advertise they treat books, so I am sure you have to be careful. I am not bug free yet, but am getting there and just got the packtite and can't wait to bring my books and wool coat back, and pictures and few odds and ends! Whoo-hoo, so glad I didn't toss EVERYTHING.

5. ClutterFree

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 15 2010 18:43:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The packtite is so big and our space is so...whatever it is that I'm going to wait until this weekend to start cooking stuff, although I was really looking forward to doing it sooner. I just finished wiping it down with alcohol since, although it looks factory sealed I did buy it "used" and my amazon receipt was stuffed between the big flaps on the bottom. Otherwise it looks untouched.

Actually, now that I have it I'm suddenly really anxious again. I haven't been bitten since the PCO's initial inspection about 3 weeks ago, and I got a really good report from the guys who did the work, but I just pulled up the edges of my sheets and bed protector to inspect my encasement. Where I found 3 suspicious things that are more likely floor-dirt from the when they were first put on. Still I saved them for my PCO when he comes for the 3rd treatment. And I half ignored my Gram on the phone to do the inspect.

I'm going to go deal with my hair and hope that brings me down somewhat.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88