Unsure about bug

(4 posts)
  1. Pyokora

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 19 2015 19:43:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello we had bedbugs last January and had gotten rid of them. There was a backpack left on the patio from back then..it had been in the living room but we had only found a sign of one bedbug in that room (our infestation was new cause im highly allergic and it alrted me early). My gf needed a bag for a trip so she was pulling stuff out of that bag and she saw really tiny white bugs. They looked similar to bed bugs but they surely didn't look 1.5mm long. These were little pure white specks I'd have never seen unless she pointed out they were moving. I went back to look again today and didn't see anything else moving (I had sprayed the bag inside and out with 91% rubbing alcohol). What do you guys think they were? It can't be possible that baby bedbugs had survived this entire time and just happened to be there at that moment. We have a cat that wanders through the patio all the time and never brought back any bugs (aside from fleas). What do you guys think? Please help..I posted earlier but it seems like my post disappeared....

I should note that i couldnt tell how many legs it bad. It looked like a bed bug like shaped pure white bug (it was on a black poker chip). I could barely detect the head and body they were super tiny...

2. bbnewbie123

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 19 2015 23:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Do baby bed bugs look like "pure white" bugs? I thought the nymphs were a more yellow/ translucent color. Unless on a white background I suppose.
    I do think it's ridiculous that bed bugs would survive and not move outside for over a year.

3. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 20 2015 21:02:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Pyokora
    Hello we had bedbugs last January

bbnewbie123
    I do think it's ridiculous that bed bugs would survive and not move outside for over a year.

Doing the math is 6 months @ best , not over a year.
    Experts would nymph bb's live in a back pack outside for 6 month ?

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 21 2015 9:10:02
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible that you found booklice in the backpack.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,800 posts in 49,806 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991