(7 posts)
  1. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 26 2016 20:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Yes we are!!

It has been 50+ days! And no more buggies!!

To all of you wondering if your home can be rid of the bedbugs from hell, yes you can. We did not have huge infestation. Son's room mostly (when we found the area they were nesting there were about 30 adults) and while we never saw them on the couch, I would get bit when I sat there.

We used a mixture of treatments: Alcohol on live ones. Murphy's Oil Soap. Steam. DE. EcoRaider spray. Of course 2000 loads of laudry, drying everything for an extended period of time. We used some Nuvan strips in totes for things that could not go in the dryer. Vacuuming the room and mattress every day. After 6 weeks of meticulous, fine tooth cleaning, my guess is they were 80 - 90% gone. But I was so exhausted and just wanted to know they were 100% gone. Found a company that came and did thermal heat treatment for my son's room and our living room. That was 50 days ago, and I am so delighted to tell you that

Free at last!
    Free at last!
    Thank God Almighty we are
    Free at last!!

We were worried that there might be a hitch hiker or 2 in other rooms. But no evidence at all. And after 50 days, I would think we'd see something.

It is amazing to be on this side of it. YOU CAN DO IT! It's tough and there were many times I'd break down and weep thinking I would live in purgatory for all eternity. But not so!

Hope your days of rejoicing are soon!!

Donna

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 26 2016 22:08:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!!! Thanks for writing your success story post-- I know it will encourage others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Apr 27 2016 1:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Well done. So pleased for you. No doubt an experience that will be hard to forget.

4. Freaked Fighter

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Apr 27 2016 19:37:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!  Everything is so much brighter on the other side.  And so much more knowledgeable about those little demons who try so hard to turn us into basket cases-well, they may succeed for short periods of time. But, ultimately, in the end, YOU WON!  Congrats again!

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  5. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2016 23:28:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I came by to check on how things were going for others. Remembering how tough it is to be in the middle of the Tsunami. I have lost all traces of bedbug PTSD, I don't check my sheet or couch anymore. I even got a bite the other day and did not immediately freak thinking it was a bedbug. (It was not,mI was outside at a picnic and was bit by an ant.)

You can do this! Freedom is sweet.

Donna

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2016 1:25:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats and thanks for sharing !!!!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  7. dcmeaaemcd

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 10 2016 20:53:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver