(5 posts)
  1. dsantos

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 0:41:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All.

I first noticed the presence of the bugs in December '11. So I did research, bagged everything, washed clothes on hot temp, dried clothes for 1hr plus, used Murphy's, bough Packtite, had two treatments and a host of other things. According to the Landlord other apts were treated (I believe except for one-which I share two walls with).

My last sightings of bugs were on 5/20/12 and was able to feel some comfort until I saw another bug in 10/12/12. Since then I have notice a bug approx every 10 days (only one per sight). I feel the bugs may be coming from my neighbor whose apt may not have been treated. Besides confronting my neighbor, which I will do, what other treatments or preventive methods can I do in the interim (before contacting my LL). I'm ready to move but my Mom will remain in the apt and she has health issues.

My other inquiry is why so long between sightings? It was 5mths without any sightings of bugs - is that the norm?

DSantos

2. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 22:52:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I am far from an expert but I would be willing to bet that they are coming from a neighboring apartment. If they weren't treated . some of yours went into the walls to hide from the pesticides, they would just pass back and forth between you guys . My sons room had the bb's so i put a line of DE between our rooms so they wouldn't cross to my room and calked the baseboard to keep them on his side lol. I have never had one in my room the DE is long gone now . I would talk to the LL and tell him they are coming back 5 months is a long time. They will probably keep coming if hes not treating on his side . I live in a single family house so i dont have to worry about neighbors.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 23:07:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping for expert. I remember your postings. I may not remember correctly, but doesn't you mom have cancer? Hope you get some relief....

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. dsantos

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 21 2012 18:57:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Arianacassie...I'm concerned about putting DE down.

Theyareoutthere -

Thank you for your response and you are correct. My Mom's treatment has recently completed and we will not know if further treatment is needed until the tests results are in. So I am still concerned about any effect chemical treatments will have on my Mom's recovery. The thing is...we had no instances of Bedbugs since May and recently I have seen about 4 that I captured since Oct. I am in the middle of two apts - one of which found to be a semi-hoarder, but he cleaned some things out and was treated & I didn't have an influx of bugs that I thought I would have - he was treated early summer. Now in Oct I started seeing them again, not like before but nonetheless it's still disturbing. Just trying to keep my sanity. Thank you Again

-DSantos

5. dsantos

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 22:37:57
    #

Login to Send PM

No new sightings and still no bites since last post. Mom is going through another round of treatments...hoping for the best all around.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs