Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Typical to see bugs immediately after treatment?

(8 posts)
  1. sherlockholmesjs

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jun 7 2012 12:21:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone-

First, just wanted to say everyone here is awesome. I was "diagnosed" with bed bugs about a month ago and this site has given me great information on how to proceed.

I have a question if anyone can help me out. I had my second treatment in my apartment on Friday last week. The PCO and my apartment manager both told me that the infestation was usually taken care of after the second treatment so I was hopeful that this ordeal was soon to be over. However, the next day (Saturday) as I was vacuuming the couch (the BB's were in both my bedroom and living room) I noticed a bed bug just sitting on the couch. This was in the evening at roughly 5pm. At first I just prodded it with a pair of tweezers to see if it was alive and it didn't move. However, when I picked it it up with the tweezers, it's legs did start to move, although rather sluggishly. I was thinking maybe the poison took a little longer with it and it was knocking on death's door? However, a few minutes later I saw another one just walking across the floor next to the couch (I have hardwood in the living room). This one was going absolutely nuts...it's legs never stopped moving when I picked it up with the tweezers. Both of the bugs exhibited signs of contact with poison that I had read about. The first bug because it seemed near death, the second because it seemed in a frenzy as if it had recently come into contact with the poison. So, after my long and drawn out explanation, my question is, is this normal to see this kind of activity after treatment? How worried should I be here that I saw two bugs so soon after the treatment? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

2. bedbugsinqueens

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 20 2012 15:36:54
    #

Login to Send PM

In my experience, I saw a ton of bedbugs after the second treatment--in my bathroom and on the tile. From what I understand, an infestation is typically cleared up after three treatments--two week intervals to allow the eggs to hatch and stop bugs from laying more eggs.

Are they coming in for a third treatment?

I will also say that my first treatment was done by someone terrible. He said "oh you have a light infestation" and then sprayed "with some stuff left over from a roach job this morning" around the baseboards only. He said "I've seen a lot worse" and "basically it's just alcohol" and I felt incredibly reassured. This was all a lie, and my second treatment was done right. This was an impossible amount of poison that I was thrilled to see and insisted on helping even though it hurt my lungs and that was a bad idea.

best of luck!

3. sherlockholmesjs

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jun 25 2012 12:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep, I actually had the third treatment done last Friday (June 18). So far I haven't seen any more signs. No cast skins, new fecal spots, eggs, or (thank God) live bugs. I'm still keeping all my stuff in bags though until I know for sure they're gone! Don't really want to go through the hassle of running all of my clothes through the dryer again. I have been noticing what I think are bites though. It's hard for me to tell because my skin is prone to acne anyway. Plus, I've read that there can be a delayed reaction to bites so these marks are possibly bites that occurred between my second and third spraying? Or possibly even re-flares of old bites? Not sure, but I'm trying hard not freak out about it. Definitely thinking about picking up some of the passive BB monitors to help confirm whether or not I still have BB's...

4. HelpMePlz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 0:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

God. I so feel your pain right now! Long story short, I've been battling bed bugs in my condo for 10 months. Recently, dogs confirmed bugs in an adjoining unit (explaining why I keep getting re-infested). I have been through 6 straight weeks of treatment, with the 6th treatment this past Friday. I have also cleared everything out of the bedroom, ripped the baseboards out, sealed everything off from the adjoining unit, filled all cracks in between wood floor slats, and applied sealer to everything. Imagine my dismay when I found TWO DEAD BUGS tonight....even after all of this. I mean, at least they were dead, which leads me to believe something is working, but it still sucks. Where the hell are they coming from??? Everything was torn out, sprayed, replaced, etc. I am hoping and praying these are the last...again, at least they were dead, and I have read that it's normal to see dead/disabled ones after spraying, but Good God, 6 weeks later????

5. HelpMePlz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 0:32:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I also think I have bites, which prompted me to look for bugs, but my friend looked at them and insisted they were zits, not bites...am I going crazy? This blows. But the bugs I found were definitely for real.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 9:57:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Helpmeplz,

If you're only finding dead bugs, that's a good sign. However, this can be a long process when you have one or more infested attached unit(s).

No one can tell by looking at your skin if you have bed bug bites. Note that people get everything from large itchy welts to small itchy marks to itchy red skin to nothing at all. I would not be surprised if your reaction looked like a possible bite mark but didn't itch, because many people don't get a reaction at all.

If you see more bugs, please post a photo so someone can confirm the ID.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. cantcallit2015

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 19 2016 5:09:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree this site has been help to me as well found out was infested July 2015 I have OCD aw and on fixed income and been in this apartment 13 yrs and if lord willing as soon as this nightmare is over will be moving here's my story may help some and maybe some van answear few ? From myself ok here goes new manager came in about 4 years ago seem really sweet at first anything I needed this is HUD low income btw she would get for me well about 6 months later goes from bad too terrible woke up one morning floor squeaks in living room so I jump up run to the door and a guy maintenance man had helping already made it down first flight with loud voice I ask what do u want oh checking filter didn't think nothing woke up medicine gone the maintenance man and manager are couple then after that tenant one of those dumpster divers moved in apparently got a old couch started noticing roaches go too manager all yrs been here never seen one she did nothing well finally other 2 people had them then she acted took 10 fogers for his small one bedroom. now back in summer start noticing blood stains on sheets well thought may be bleeding etc after few weeks do research start looking was rough my recliner took two yrs new pay off was infested couch and bed was all infested well pco came done the check done a spray and I put a new protector on box springs and matress. Well couple months pass no signs then I start finding bites on my legs already threw recliner. Away and after second spray they steamed carpets couple months pass start noticing bites so do away with the couch and alll my stuff had been washed dried on hot sealed in closets. As far as clothes so get rid of my couch and I knew who got them from well she finally. Had his checked it was so bad made him get rid of everything now had two sprays since then after last one got rid of box springs even though had cover noticed small holes and blood on duc tape couple weeks ago now the pco has sprayed last two times swears have not seen alive or dead bb but I am getting bites all over back earlier took my lil LCD light found 3 dead between wall and bed matress and medal frame are away from the wall so proves one thing from last visit either not looking or they died within 2 weeks last spray I am going crazy no signs of live ones just those dead ones so goes too. Show me that still some here found 3 good size bites in 2 weeks he is supposed to spray again next week its rough all my clothes except pair of jeans white tees socks boxers have been washed and dried on hot and sealed for months as well as everything else gotten down too frezzing here so left few big strong lawn bags sealed outside and everything. Has been cleaned walls are empty curtains. All been washed dried as well so with all the money have lost. In furniture and laundry. Etc and I got them from him is there anything I can do legal etc get money back for my loss just wanna get rid of these nasty things and move once in clear this will make no. 5 spray since July can feel them hitting me in my bed and see the bites while on my matress have a protector. Over it but dead bugs found on floor so could I be getting. Bit from them nesting in this shag carpet hard to tell anything anyone could tell me plz about any of this tu

8. mandiejoe

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 1:11:15
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2015, someone would have answered you if you would have wrote in clear sentences. Reading this seriously hurt my brain, not making fun of you either. You need to use a grammar checker at least if you're going to ask serious questions, couldn't make sense out of half of your post, and it increasingly ticked me off the more I read. They have free grammar and spell checkers online.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,567 posts in 46,605 topics over 142 months by 20,555 of 21,422 members. Latest: tjg, jm1985, Me33