Two Story House with Basement

(2 posts)
  1. panickedgal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 5 2015 20:17:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's the story. I am 100% sure I have bed bugs. I got them from my boyfriend and I have no idea exactly how long I've had them. I'm a college student currently living in a two story house with my parents. I discovered one on my hoodie after a nap. I immediately told my parents, sister, and brother who also live in the household with me. I encased my mattress and boxspring immediately and bagged up my clothes to go to the laundromat later on. Then I bought diatomaceous earth and dusted my room. That was three months ago. I haven't seen an adult bug in my room since. I've seen a few nymphs but in the last 2-3 weeks those have even diminished. However I was still concerned about spreading the bugs to the bedroom directly across from me (my sisters) and to the family room (where i spend most of my time). I continued to do weekly searches of both rooms... and last week to my horror, I found two immature bugs on the side of the couch in the family room. I went straight to bedbugsupply.com and bought a kit. I treated the room to the best of my ability but now I'm concerned about how far the bugs have spread. The laundry room is in the basement and although I haven't brought down anything from my room since I found the bugs however I'm concerned about before hand. The basement is HUGE and used for a lot of storage. If the bugs are down there I have no idea how I'll begin to treat them. I think they might also be in my sister's room which means that they also might be in the upstairs hallway... and the dining room... and the living room... could they be in the kitchen? I'm just trying not to freak out too much here. I'm looking into a POS. I've heard good things about the heat treatments from Scherzinger. But honestly I'm not sure how I'm going to afford to begin any of the treatments in the other rooms as I am a college student making minimum wage and currently paying for school. I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

2. angelaspepper

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jun 6 2015 16:16:23
    #

Login to Send PM

If they're in your basement then they will eventually seek out a food source. I did self -treatment after paying for a few professional treatments that failed because of re-infestation from our neighboring unit. I studied the faqs in this forum and researched the best pesticides along with using a bedbug steamer.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,667 posts in 48,165 topics over 149 months by 21,224 of 21,578 members. Latest: thiscantbe, Lauren140california, Postpartum and Panicking