Trying to get through this

(5 posts)
  1. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 10:15:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I am really only trying to get through this. And I am only offering my opinion.
    Not trying to make anything difficult. I am saying that different things help different people. While some of the suggestions help some, it doesn't help all. What I did, based on some of the advice from people on here, it didn't work. It isn't going to work for everyone!
    I am not a professional. I am someone who tried to do it on her own and it did not work. I washed, cleaned, dried, re-dried, sprayed, threw things out, and prayed, prayed, prayed. 2 1/2 months later, I am still dealing. I am currently out of work until this gets done. I now have to treat my car. My office is in quarantine and being treated. It got that bad. Because I thought I could do it myself and with the advice of others. What works for some doesn't necessarily work for others.
    Ask a professional. If you aren't going to use their services, they will still help answer your questions. At least that is my experience.
    I am here to say that in my experience DIY didn't work. Maybe for some it will.
    When you get advice, ask for every little detail. There may be that one little thing they did that may seem insignificant that may change the outcome.
    I feel trying to wash and dry at home may have compromised the process FOR ME.
    It is getting better, but I had to break the bank and go pro. And everything they tell me, I do.
    My choice. My decision.
    I want to come here and say it worked and I'm free and able to go places without worry.
    I wish I did this in the beginning.
    Live and learn.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 23:18:22
    #

Login to Send PM

The FAQs on this site suggest using a professional is the best way to go unless for some reason it is absolutely impossible.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 9:35:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, it does. But when you are frantic and your life is a mess, sometimes you just don't take that time. You want a quick fix. My advice is if you use the quick fix, make sure you get all the information.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 22:15:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggernet - 12 hours ago  » 
    Yes, it does. But when you are frantic and your life is a mess, sometimes you just don't take that time. You want a quick fix. My advice is if you use the quick fix, make sure you get all the information.

Yes, we also recommend people who must DIY do their research and get good advice.

Many people don't. It's understandable. But maybe your comments will help.

In my experience, and that of many others, drying items at home works just fine. The experts here back that up, for what it's worth.

5. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 15:22:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had one treatment, and since, have not had a bite or a site.
    When they did the first treatment, they found an adult under my son's box spring. no one had any bites prior to that. (I break out like instantly. He does eventually.) We pre-treated (DIY) prior to trying the pros, and they told me we are going to make their job harder.
    After the first treatment, I started getting bit in the car. I had the car treated. No more bites.
    I have washed and over dried my clothes every time.
    We don't leave anything on the floor.
    My daughter had her house checked. She is fine. My son's friend, he has had them in the past, he is clear.
    I hope the end is near.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1