Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Tretorn Rain Boots - How do I clean the fur on the inside?

(3 posts)
  1. Kate G

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Oct 14 2009 16:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved out of my buggy apt and I now seem to be bb free. However I still have a few pairs of shoes in plastic bags that I haven't opened yet.

Does anyone have any advice for cleaning a pair of rubber rain boots with fur inside? I can't put them in the dryer because the rubber will melt. My only thought was to blow a hair dryer into them for a long time (silly, yes, but what else can I do?). I hear freezing isn't too reliable, and I can't afford a packtite unfortunately.

Our bugs weren't TOO bad in the old place so they may be ok but I want to be safe. Advice?

2. Brian T

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 23 2011 14:23:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I think this method should do the trick.

I poured boiling water into the boot and let it swish around and soak up every patch of fur/fabric. Make sure it gets underneath the sole (which is removable). The rubber exterior wasn't damaged at all and helped contained the water so that it could do its job.

3. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 23 2011 15:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd throw them out and get new boots just to feel secure that they were completely free. My new boots have removable liners, which I bought specifically for this purpose. Good luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19