Treatments and Advice for Moving

(3 posts)
  1. nemo124

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 10:28:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone. So I need some advice and am looking for some opinions on what the best plan of action is going forward. I’m listing the timeline of events below:

Moved into half double with GF - Aug 2016
    GF noticed bites - Oct 2016
    Didn’t realize was B.B. till - Feb 2017
    Cleaned/dried everything, moved clothes etc to basement in bins, mattress/box spring encasements and got 2 BB treatments - Feb 2017
    Found live adult B.B. on GF in living room after cleaning/drying unopened bags from basement from first incident(4-6 months later) exterminator came out no spray - July 2017
    B.B. free with zero bites - 13 months
    New bite, with droppings, 1 casting shell, and 1 live adult female on box spring encasement in bedroom - Aug 2018

Now here we are still doing with B.B. 2 years later. We aren’t sure what to do or what the best action is. Landlord stated that they never had issues before at our apartment and never had to send an exterminator back out twice. I don’t get reactions from bites but my GF does. Neither of us have dealt with B.B. until we moved into this property. When the first spray was conducted back in Feb 2017, the exterminator only did our side of the half double. He supposedly checked the other side but did not spray, but they didn’t report any issues or bites. Landlord and exterminator seem to agree that we are bringing them in. GF has worked in two different nursing homes over the two years we’ve stayed in the half double and, they claim they are coming from her work. It seems unlikely this is the case due to if these facilities had an infestation my GF and I would not be the only ones bringing them home with residents, staff, nurses, etc. My employment has been in public state building and distribution and supply building but we both understand they can come from anywhere.

We were informed that we will be using the previous exterminator again but now we are footing the bill for we have been portrayed as the cause of the bed bugs. The first incident the landlord paid. As of right now it seems the Treatment will just be our side again of the half double. I got a quote from a different company and they explained that the whole building should be treated not just ours.

We are stuck, the way everything has played out we’d like to move and rent somewhere else. My question to the community is what is the best plan of action? Our plan right now is to get our half treated again pack and seal everything and then move in a month or two. This is risky for we could bring them to a new place as well if they are in the entire building. Or stay and either get just our half sprayed again which may not work from the previous treatment? But at the same time we don’t want to pay for the entire building to get sprayed due to the expensive costs and with us losing desire to live in the house. What is the best Decision to make here? I know it seems everything turned into a blame game, and forgive me for venting, but as of now we just want them gone for good and to possibly move to a new place.

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 14:58:48
    #

Login to Send PM

First things first, check the legislation in your State. Most places, the landlord has to pay, period.

3. nemo124

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 19:30:39
    #

Login to Send PM

The Landlord paid for the first treatment back in Feb of 2017. It seemed we were B.B. free except for the incident in July 2017. From July 2017 to Aug 2018 she was bite free and no sightings of them either. We just are unsure if they are being reintroduced or somehow or have been/the neighbors. Literally relatives and places we’ve stayed are all B.B. free except us. We both never saw or even got bit by a B.B. till we moved into this half double. 2 years of dealing with this. We are going to roll the dice and move. We will clean and throw everything in the dryer again seal it all up love out of bins and bags for 2-3 months get the treatments and hopefully be away from this. We just are unsure of really what else to do?!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,534 posts in 45,810 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97