Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Treatment starts tomorrow

(29 posts)
  1. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 18:15:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So my treatment starts tomorrow. I even called out of work today to try to finish prep. ITS STILL NOT DONE! I'm also not sure what to do with things we use everyday, like the PlayStation,Xbox,cable box, TV's etc...still have carpet to life in 2 room and like 3 loads to dry. This is a living nightmare. I really hope they don't come to treat and leave without treating. My mom and husband think I've done good and it will be ok but I'm not so sure.

2. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 18:41:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Coming from someone that has had several treatments in the past have LCD, led TVs Xbox etc just left mine out the last time and he sprayed around them didn't damage nothing advice may or may not help good look

3. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 18:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Coming from someone that has had several treatments in the past have LCD, led TVs Xbox etc just left mine out the last time and he sprayed around them didn't damage nothing advice may or may not help good look

Basically my checklist says everything must be off shelves. My husband says he thinks the extreme strictness of the checklist is bc they go into some nasty homes with people who don't do shit for prep and he thinks we should be ok. I sure hope so. Guess I'll find out tomorrow

4. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 20:05:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I made sure everything was off all stands, shelves it was a job had too go through it 5 times and I have over 500 gallons of clothes so started using plaistis totes lol I basicly just left my electronics on the floor and had him too spray around them just too be safe bagged the rest

5. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 20:20:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Well they are saying I'm not allowed in the house while they are here. So I won't be able to monitor them. However this is an example of my prep work in my sons room

[url=http://][/url]

6. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 20:27:31
    #

Login to Send PM

[url=][/url]

So basically this is my sons room. I won't be allowed here while they treat so I won't be able to monitor them which actually freaks me out bc I'm afraid they won't be through for some reason my last post isn't showing

7. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 22:27:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I can understand your concerns looks ready I mean had 3 different pcos in my apt tell me they wish everyone was as coordinated as I was they should do a good job with your treatment though

8. damnbb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 22:33:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Relax. So far, you're doing good. If they don't treat then you can always finish and reschedule which is probably what you don't want to hear but I doubt it will happen anyway.

The room where they came from in my place was MUCH worse than that. I mean worse.... I mean bags EVERYWHERE cause there was so much.....

You're okay. You will get through this.
    I've been free of those vile creatures since August of 2016.

You will see the light.

9. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 23:14:38
    #

Login to Send PM

damnbb - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Relax. So far, you're doing good. If they don't treat then you can always finish and reschedule which is probably what you don't want to hear but I doubt it will happen anyway.
    The room where they came from in my place was MUCH worse than that. I mean worse.... I mean bags EVERYWHERE cause there was so much.....
    You will see the light.

Thank you. I needed to hear something positive tonight. My other rooms being treated are not exactly that organized but close. I haven't removed anything from the shelves electronic wise. Hopefully they will work around it and just sit it on the floor as needed. I can't believe how much stuff I have in this little house! Guess I'm going to do what I can in the morning after my kids get to school and forget the rest for now. I'll keep cleaning in between treatments as well

10. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 23:15:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck, tomorrow! Write down your questions for the PCO so you don't forget when you're nervous.

Account closed
  11. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 23:18:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! Sorry I'm a spazz naturally and this has just got me over the edge.

12. buggygonn1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 23:21:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck I hope all goes well

13. damnbb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 0:22:57
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 1 hour ago  » 

damnbb - 37 minutes ago  » 
    You will see the light.

Thank you. I needed to hear something positive tonight. My other rooms being treated are not exactly that organized but close. I haven't removed anything from the shelves electronic wise. Hopefully they will work around it and just sit it on the floor as needed. I can't believe how much stuff I have in this little house! Guess I'm going to do what I can in the morning after my kids get to school and forget the rest for now. I'll keep cleaning in between treatments as well

Yes, it's not until you really start cleaning and throwing stuff out that you realize how much stuff you have. Sometimes unnecessary. I threw out a lot during the chaos but I still feel like I have a lot left lol.

14. SopranoKris

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 8:18:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree. We just finished our 2nd treatment and we used the time prepping the house to also purge a lot of old stuff we no longer needed. (Don't worry, it was all double-bagged!)

We are awaiting treatment #3, as we have found live BBs in my son's room and my hubby has bites (but no visible BBs in our room).

Don't worry about your PCO saying you aren't prepared. I was so worried about that, too. When our PCO arrived, she said she'd never seen another house so prepared, even though I felt like I could have done more. She said she's used to showing up and only a few things, or nothing at all, is ready for her and she has to re-schedule because of it.

Wishing you all the best of luck that the BBs die and leave your home forever

15. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 17:29:26
    #

Login to Send PM

So they came. They said prep wasn't perfect bc there were things that couldn't be laundered. They were those pillow pet things with the lights inside of them and I physically couldn't pull up parts of my carpet but he did say we did fine. They treated and said they found no live activity just a few casings and a few fecal stains in my room but nothing in the kids rooms. He said we did a good job cleaning and is hopeful for us. He feels we caught it REALLY early

16. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 22:32:52
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 4 hours ago  » 
    So they came. They said prep wasn't perfect bc there were things that couldn't be laundered. They were those pillow pet things with the lights inside of them and I physically couldn't pull up parts of my carpet but he did say we did fine. They treated and said they found no live activity just a few casings and a few fecal stains in my room but nothing in the kids rooms. He said we did a good job cleaning and is hopeful for us. He feels we caught it REALLY early

Awesome! Do you have a way to monitor? Some sort of passive monitor on the beds to help detect if there are any live bugs left. Usually once they are done with their treatments, they want a live sample to come back and treat during the guarantee period. Just a thought. Not 100% percent necessary, just keep an eye out. Cause if there are any left, you want to catch them quick so they can come back and treat. If you do find a live one, catch it and keep it in a pill bottle or ziplocks to chow the pco so they can treat again. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  17. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 22:38:13
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 1 minute ago  » 

Awesome! Do you have a way to monitor? Some sort of passive monitor on the beds to help detect if there are any live bugs left. Usually once they are done with their treatments, they want a live sample to come back and treat during the guarantee period. Just a thought. Not 100% percent necessary, just keep an eye out. Cause if there are any left, you want to catch them quick so they can come back and treat. If you do find a live one, catch it and keep it in a pill bottle or ziplocks to chow the pco so they can treat again. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

I do not have any monitors YET but def something to look into. We are not done, my plan includes 3 treatments 2 weeks apart so I have time. He said even though they didn't see anything the next few days will tell the tale bc we are driving them out of their hiding spaces and may see more activity after treatment 1. In the meantime I will continue to clean and slowly prep more before treatment 2.

18. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 22:57:02
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 17 minutes ago  » 

mp7ski - 1 minute ago  » 

I do not have any monitors YET but def something to look into. We are not done, my plan includes 3 treatments 2 weeks apart so I have time. He said even though they didn't see anything the next few days will tell the tale bc we are driving them out of their hiding spaces and may see more activity after treatment 1. In the meantime I will continue to clean and slowly prep more before treatment 2.

I also think once treatments are completed I'm going to get a cheap set of white sheets so I can better monitor for new fecal stains and blood smears.

19. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 17 2017 6:53:35
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 7 hours ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 17 minutes ago  » 

mp7ski - 1 minute ago  » 

I also think once treatments are completed I'm going to get a cheap set of white sheets so I can better monitor for new fecal stains and blood smears.

Good idea, if you do end up getting some sort of monitors, it'd probably be best to wait until treatments are done anyways.

20. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 19 2017 23:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I hesitate to say but so far I've seen nothing since the exterminator came Thursday. Also I have worked all weekend and haven't cleaned. I'm off tomorrow so I will clean and search. Also faught with my dad about not allowing my son to his house yesterday. On top of a child with lice from school and a 103 degree fever the other night...ok universe you've kicked my ass, can I just be done yet?!?

21. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 19 2017 23:56:23
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I hesitate to say but so far I've seen nothing since the exterminator came Thursday. Also I have worked all weekend and haven't cleaned. I'm off tomorrow so I will clean and search. Also faught with my dad about not allowing my son to his house yesterday. On top of a child with lice from school and a 103 degree fever the other night...ok universe you've kicked my ass, can I just be done yet?!?

I hear ya, I was planning on doing a bunch of stuff this weekend as far as treating, going to the dump, and packing but our whole household got sick. Kids had fevers, gf was throwing up all weekend, and I felt like death and had to lay in bed all weekend.

Life definitely packs it all on at once.

Glad you haven't seen anything since, hope it stays that way when you clean up.

22. damnbb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 20 2017 0:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 37 minutes ago  » 

The universe has a lovely sense of humor. When I was going through this it was the beginning of the summer and it was god awful. My porch was FILLED with black bags and to this day I can't open up a black bag thats scented with pine or whatever because thats what my dad got and we had to use it lol. I also had a cat so I had to stay in the car for like four hours after treatment so he wouldn't step on anything. He wasn't happy about the experience either.

After the first two treatments I did see more action. I saw many tiny ones on my bed that I would kill. I would see dead adult ones in the kitchen and bathroom. But after the third treatment I didn't see much.

I also got white bed sheets because I wanted to monitor. Don't go by blood smears as much because for some reason my dads bed would have blood smears but I could not for the life of me find anything. I was one of the crazy ones that call the PCO for verification. At that point, I was under the guarantee and called them to see if they can just come out and investigate. They were nice; they didn't find anything.

Definitely get monitors though, it does help.
    Best of luck!

23. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 20 2017 7:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

damnbb - 6 hours ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 37 minutes ago  » 

The universe has a lovely sense of humor. When I was going through this it was the beginning of the summer and it was god awful. My porch was FILLED with black bags and to this day I can't open up a black bag thats scented with pine or whatever because thats what my dad got and we had to use it lol. I also had a cat so I had to stay in the car for like four hours after treatment so he wouldn't step on anything. He wasn't happy about the experience either.
    After the first two treatments I did see more action. I saw many tiny ones on my bed that I would kill. I would see dead adult ones in the kitchen and bathroom. But after the third treatment I didn't see much.
    I also got white bed sheets because I wanted to monitor. Don't go by blood smears as much because for some reason my dads bed would have blood smears but I could not for the life of me find anything. I was one of the crazy ones that call the PCO for verification. At that point, I was under the guarantee and called them to see if they can just come out and investigate. They were nice; they didn't find anything.
    Definitely get monitors though, it does help.
    Best of luck!

I have a cat and a dog! I didn't have to take the dog away he was locked in my unfinished basement they said it didn't need treated. I did have to board the cat. I didn't have time to really search kennels and when I got there it was a dump. I was so scared to leave her! The people were nice but it looked like something out of a horror movie. I picked her up an hour early bc I could leave her any longer....we went and spent an hour in petco lol! Oh and now she's in heat....oh universe why?

I do plan on getting monitors once the treatments are finished. Next treament is march 1. Maybe instead of a kennel I schedule that day to have my cat spayed? Lol!

24. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 20 2017 7:26:37
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 7 hours ago  » 

I hear ya, I was planning on doing a bunch of stuff this weekend as far as treating, going to the dump, and packing but our whole household got sick. Kids had fevers, gf was throwing up all weekend, and I felt like death and had to lay in bed all weekend.

I hope it stays that way as well! I was so angry last night when I came home from work my husband had his dirty clothes sitting downstairs wide open around all of the clean clothes. But of course I was crazy for being so angry! Hell everyone think I'm crazy!

Hope everyone feels better!

25. SopranoKris

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 20 2017 8:08:10
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 38 minutes ago  » 

mp7ski - 7 hours ago  » 

I hope it stays that way as well! I was so angry last night when I came home from work my husband had his dirty clothes sitting downstairs wide open around all of the clean clothes. But of course I was crazy for being so angry! Hell everyone think I'm crazy!

I think the whole process makes you feel crazy. We're stressed from having the BBs in our home. We're stressed from knowing that they're crawling on us and feeding on us when we're sleeping! We're stressed from all the prep work. We're stressed from having to take our homes literally apart and put it back together, only to have to do it AGAIN for another treatment (we're doing treatment #3 today). It's a LOT of stress to go through. You're not crazy, you're just trying to do everything the right way so these darn bugs don't come back

Best of luck to you! Here's hoping we're all BB free soon!!!!!

26. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 7:24:57
    #

Login to Send PM

SopranoKris - 23 hours ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 38 minutes ago  » 

mp7ski - 7 hours ago  » 

I think the whole process makes you feel crazy. We're stressed from having the BBs in our home. We're stressed from knowing that they're crawling on us and feeding on us when we're sleeping! We're stressed from all the prep work. We're stressed from having to take our homes literally apart and put it back together, only to have to do it AGAIN for another treatment (we're doing treatment #3 today). It's a LOT of stress to go through. You're not crazy, you're just trying to do everything the right way so these darn bugs don't come back
    Best of luck to you! Here's hoping we're all BB free soon!!!!!

Well right now I'm leaving my house apart until the last treatment. I'll be dammed if I do that full prep AGAIN! Luckily I have great friends that are actually willing to come back in my house once this is over to help me put it all back together. They are trying to keep me positive by saying that now at least I'll have a clutter free home since I was forced to do the clean out I've wanted to do for years and never had time to do. Some days the thought works, some days it doesn't.

I'm also trying to just keep the house neat so I don't have too much to do next treatment but at the same time not over cleaning so I can better monitor. I'm not washing sheets every single day anymore. I've come to terms with the fact that if I want to know if they are still here I need to use myself as bait and cleaning everyday could just keep them at a level of unnoticed. I think I'll calm down if at second treatment the PCO doesn't find anything. But again over cleaning is going to leave nothing for him to find.

Ugh you're right this is stressful! Every red mark, every itch I'm convinced it's a bite.

27. SopranoKris

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 15:45:14
    #

Login to Send PM

We just had treatment #3 yesterday. We decided to leave everything where it was, with the exception of the beds. She's coming back next Monday for treatment #4 (and, hopefully, the last!)

I'm having another company come in on Thursday to give me an estimate on Vikane gas treatment, where they put a tent over your house. If we can't make any progress with the spray treatments, we're going to have to go all out and spend the money on the more expensive treatment option.

I can't have our new furniture delivered until we know 100% for sure that the BBs are gone. We're going to wait a few days and then I'm going to make some CO2 traps with dry ice to see if we can lure any out. Passive monitors are being ordered as well. I don't think I'll rest easy until I see that there's no activity in the monitors.

Good luck with your treatments!!!!

28. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 15:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

SopranoKris - 3 minutes ago  » 
    We just had treatment #3 yesterday. We decided to leave everything where it was, with the exception of the beds. She's coming back next Monday for treatment #4 (and, hopefully, the last!)
    I'm having another company come in on Thursday to give me an estimate on Vikane gas treatment, where they put a tent over your house. If we can't make any progress with the spray treatments, we're going to have to go all out and spend the money on the more expensive treatment option.
    I can't have our new furniture delivered until we know 100% for sure that the BBs are gone. We're going to wait a few days and then I'm going to make some CO2 traps with dry ice to see if we can lure any out. Passive monitors are being ordered as well. I don't think I'll rest easy until I see that there's no activity in the monitors.
    Good luck with your treatments!!!!

Our PCO required everything to be laundered and bagged that could be. I left out electronics for the kids plus I know BB's can hide in game systems so I didn't want to bag them and pull them back out and reinfect. But pictures are off the walls, curtains are down yada yada, you know the drill. We only get 3 treatments. Hope it works! And once this nightmare is over we are saving to buy a new house. Our neighborhood is a good one, but recently nasty dirty people have taken over. Just to give an example.....my daughter has brought home head lice 3 times just this school year and the schools are doing NOTHING about it. I like where I live but cannot stay here as long as my kids are in school. I'm tired of the bugs!

29. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 25 2017 0:42:17
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO comes back on Wednesday and I am counting down the days!!! Still have seen nothing, no new bites. Praying like crazy I get good news!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto