treatment question

(4 posts)
  1. jennifer09

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2007 20:11:34
    #

Login to Send PM

hi,
    so my apartment was first treated by an inept PCO on November 13. He used only Pyrethrin in a limited way (bedroom, no furniture). I changed to Orkin and was treated by Orkin on November 24. I have my next Orkin this Friday. My question is: do I consider my self treated 3x or 2x? The reason I'm asking is because I might have Orkin back another time just to be on the safe side. I have not been getting bites for a week now BUT that doesn't mean I'm all confident! What do you think?

2. itchyincharmcity

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 5 2007 11:47:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Personally, I would consider it 2x. That first treatment wasn't part of the current PCOs plan.

3. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 5 2007 18:52:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Ditto to what Itchy said.
    I was feeling great after not getting bit for 3 or 4 days and was feeling a ray of hope. Alas....those stupid, stupid bugs....they've gone no where! (I've had three treatments). If your pocketbook allows it, and you want the peace of mind, I would probably recommend them come for a third treatment.

4. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 7 2007 14:52:44
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are counting treatments, I probably wouldn't count the first, either. An ineffective treatment not only doesn't get rid of the bedbugs, it can possibly make them worse by dispursing them from harbourages that are easier to treat and spreading them into wall voids and such.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,256 posts in 46,757 topics over 142 months by 20,629 of 21,513 members. Latest: Ento1, jungr, laurwes