Treatment Prep Question

(4 posts)
  1. JennaBee013

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 6 2013 17:01:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi i just have a quick question for my prep! I've washed, dried, and packed all my clothing/extra bedding accordingly and moved into bins in the middle of my living room, as well as removed clutter from my apartment. The PCO is coming for the first time on Monday to spray the apartment and I was just wondering what we should do for kitchen prep?
    -Should i just store all my food in a storage bin to eliminate risk of being contaminated with chemical?
    -Do i have to clean and store small kitchen appliances as well? (ex. popcorn popper, blender, george foreman grill, toaster, etc.)
    -Can i keep my dishes and pots/pans in the cupboards?

I have not noticed activity in the kitchen, however my kitchen is open to the living room and close to my futon (which i have discarded) where i found a bug! Not sure if he will spray the kitchen, but just looking for opinions on what i should do because i am not sure!

Thanks for your time!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 6 2013 18:13:26
    #

Login to Send PM

The amount and kind of prep which a PCO requires varies widely, so you need to ask them. They should have given you a prep sheet if they require prep (and it's good to ask if they didn't give you one).

Some PCOs require nothing, by the way.

Treating kitchens is probably not very common, and I expect needing to prep the kitchen is uncommon (except perhaps for structural heat treatment or Vikane gas fumigation), but I suppose you should check with the PCO all the same.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. JennaBee013

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 6 2013 18:28:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your help, I believe they're closed on the weekend. There was nothing about the kitchen written, but i guess i will prep with what i feel comfortable with!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Apr 7 2013 0:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

If they gave a list, honestly, I'd stick to it. I am sure it's more than enough work. Good luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,643 posts in 50,005 topics over 154 months by 21,867 of 22,348 members. Latest: jaa5108, fightingback, Jenloaa