Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Treatment done today. What about my car?

(15 posts)

Tags:

1. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 21:05:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey!

After discovering a seemingly minor infestation within the past 7-10 days I had a treatment done today. The PCO insists that this is a one and done treatment, and that he has only gone back to 2 out of 250 houses in the past year, both of which were extreme infestations. I enjoy his confidence, and hope he isn't BSing me.

Anyway, I have this nagging feelings that in the time before I confirmed the issue I brought them into my car. Has anyone had any experience with treating cars? Is this something I should have the PCO do, or are there DIY treatments in that case that will be sufficient?

If it requires a PCO, what would the typical cost be?

Thanks for any input!

2. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 21:11:53
    #

Login to Send PM

And as a secondary question, has anyone experienced random needle prick/stinging sensations from old bites? I get them frequently, and can never tell if I am being bit, or a secondary reaction. Happened a few times today on my hands, and when I looked within half a second there was nothing, just a flaky old bite seemingly.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 2:05:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Who is this one and done wild man? Did you in fact find live bugs, and who ID'ed them?

It's not likely you have them in your car. If you did fumigation would be the only option.

4. MsLadybug

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 12:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I have accidentally killed bed bugs in vials by leaving them in my car when its hot out. I would not treat a car unless there are just absolutely no hot days where you can park it in the sun with the windows up and cook them buggers. (no people or pets in hot cars though) That reminds me: remember bed bugs like pets too. [admin note: plug for product sold on user's website removed]

5. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 15:49:27
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ, no live bugs have been found (though I found a nymph, turned out to be a book lice) but feces and an egg have been found. IDs were confirmed by the PCO. The company is 'A Best Pest Control' in Northeast Ohio.

6. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 16:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't know the PCO, but ,I always laugh when companies choose a name to be the first listing in the phone book "A Best"

7. Newbie2bedbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 20:50:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Regarding the comment about feeling random needle prick sensations. Yes ! I'm glad someone else knows what I'm going thru. I haven't seen a live bed on my bed in probably a month, but I'm still being bit. I think they are biting me thru the mattress cover. Thinking about double wrapping my bed. I , like you, would love to know how many other people feel like they are getting random prickly/needle sensations. I've checked my body when I get these, and nothing is on me. Is it just my nerves from dealing with all these bed bugs?

8. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 22:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't had bed bugs in over three years and I will get needle prick sensations on my body sometimes in random places. I have since I started worrying about these things (3+ years ago), and I'm guessing I got them before that. I'm thinking we're all hypersensetive to things going on with our skin, now. I don't think these are related to BB's.

9. Into-the sun

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 18:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 1 week ago  » 
    Who is this one and done wild man? Did you in fact find live bugs, and who ID'ed them?
    It's not likely you have them in your car. If you did fumigation would be the only option.

My car is infested with bed bugs. The diesel truck before it was also. They both sat out in the heat, real El Paso heat to no avail. They simple move to whatever shade there is in the car.

10. whbclaire

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 18:44:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbie2bedbugs - 1 week ago  » 
    Regarding the comment about feeling random needle prick sensations. Yes ! I'm glad someone else knows what I'm going thru. I haven't seen a live bed on my bed in probably a month, but I'm still being bit. I think they are biting me thru the mattress cover. Thinking about double wrapping my bed. I , like you, would love to know how many other people feel like they are getting random prickly/needle sensations. I've checked my body when I get these, and nothing is on me. Is it just my nerves from dealing with all these bed bugs?

Thank you! This happens to me all the time! I once stated on this board that they don't seem to have the decency to wait until I'm asleep to bite. I feel like I'm being crawled over and bitten almost as soon as I lay down. I slap at the spot and look but there is nothing there. Sometimes, though, I've noticed the skin HAS been pierced although no typical itchy welt develops. But I keep reading that you "can't" feel them biting and they wait 'til you're asleep. First, I'm wondering how the hell they're so smart as to know if I'm really sleeping or not? Maybe I'm just lying in bed reading. How do they know the difference? (And don't tell me it's because the lights are off when I'm asleep because I've read enough other stuff about them biting people despite everything being well-lit). Also, I'm wondering if there is such a thing as actually feeling the bite but slapping them away quickly, much as one would a mosquito? The skin is still pierced but they haven't had enough time to do their thing? Does anyone who really knows more than me about BBs have an opinion on this? It is in fact the constant "biting sensation" that made me wonder if I had mites. (I don't.) It is also the one reason why I can't get to sleep and had to ask my doctor for sleeping pills.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 19:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

MsLadybug - 1 week ago  » 
    I have accidentally killed bed bugs in vials by leaving them in my car when its hot out. I would not treat a car unless there are just absolutely no hot days where you can park it in the sun with the windows up and cook them buggers.

MsLadyBug,

Since you are in the bed bug detection business, you might want to know that experts tell us the "hot car" method is extremely unreliable.

You may have killed bed bugs in vials on the seat of your car, but bed bugs which are not in vials will move to cooler areas and it is a lot harder to kill them.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. Buggybumpers

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 19:23:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Into-the sun - 1 hour ago  » 

KillerQueen - 1 week ago  » 

My car is infested with bed bugs. The diesel truck before it was also. They both sat out in the heat, real El Paso heat to no avail. They simple move to whatever shade there is in the car.

El Paso?? Are you sure they didn't get fried and new ones were simply introduced? Where do you think these bedbugs in your car and truck came from in the first place? One and done. That does sound wild. Unless he used a flamethrower. Maybe he should get together with my "seven and waitin' on eleven" PCO and they could work out a happy medium. ;-((

13. MsLadybug

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 19:46:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the advice, I will have my dog check under the car next time.

14. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 20:29:21
    #

Login to Send PM

whbclaire.. think you might be in the same mindset as I ... so read on.

Anxiety. It does more than you can imagine. I've realized this quickly. Pinpricks and crawling sensations... 99% of the time, it's the anxiety. Do anything you can to control it. I've learned quickly to manage it while I (and my PCO) take my buggy friends out.

15. whbclaire

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 19:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

confusedaboutthis - 1 week ago  » 
    whbclaire.. think you might be in the same mindset as I ... so read on.
    Anxiety. It does more than you can imagine. I've realized this quickly. Pinpricks and crawling sensations... 99% of the time, it's the anxiety. Do anything you can to control it. I've learned quickly to manage it while I (and my PCO) take my buggy friends out.

ConfusedAboutThis-- I think you're right. I think anxiety and lack of sleep and was getting the better of me. Once I got some sleeping pills from my doc and managed to get some sleep and also read a bit more about the actual habits off BBs, my mind calmed down and now I can lie in bed for an hour our two reading or watching TV and NOT feeling like I'm being bitten. In fact, I haven't gotten a bite in about 2 weeks (PCO is still scheduled for first treatment this Friday, however). I'm thinking the things I did do (mattress encasements, throwing out bedskirt, moving bed a foot away from the bed, spraying OTC and nontoxic stuff and DE may have helped).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams