Treating with Reptiles

(3 posts)
  1. Spookipoo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 17:37:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm getting my apartment treated on Wednesday. The only thing I'm at a loss for how to handle is my reptile enclosures. I know they can hide in the enclosure because that's how I ended up with them. I took in a rescue snake from someone I knew to have BB's. Stupid mistake and I'm paying for it.

What can I do with the enclosures? Will any bed bugs inside be killed if I leave them in the sun for a few weeks? I'm very reluctant to allow chemicals into the enclosures because snakes are prone to respiratory infections from any number of chemicals. I also have a tarantula. I'm going to be tubbing the animals themselves and keeping them with a relative.

My second question is that I was instructed to have all belongings out of my closets to allow for treatment. I really don't have room to leave everything in the middle of the floor. Can I keep things in my car? I'm in AZ do it gets pretty hot in there.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:30:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Trying to treat things in the sun is a common mistake, don't do it. I would discuss treatment further with your PCO regarding your pets.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Spookipoo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun May 20 2018 1:40:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately I don't have another option. There just isn't room in the apartment to leave them here. I was instructed to clear all surfaces and floors.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,511 posts in 45,805 topics over 139 months by 20,173 of 20,970 members. Latest: bloomington, Crisbug, provilink