Treating toys and electronics?

(5 posts)
  1. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 2 2018 0:01:34
    #

Login to Send PM

So last night I bought a big plastic bin. Sprayed it with “Good Nites” bed bug spray, then lightly sprayed my electronics (gaming consoles and laptop) and put a lid on it to keep the “fumes” inside. I also bought a few more bins for the kids toys and did the same thing, mostly all plastic toys, as well as adding DE (food grade only of course) in the bins and on the toys). Is this sufficient treatment? I really cannot afford other measures or tools. I was also assured that as long as I sprayed my TVs and gaming stuff (not inside the vents but just around them) that I should be OK with any potential bed bugs in them.

Other advice?

2. Pattycake

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 2 2018 10:25:49
    #

Login to Send PM

If the toys are plastic you might consider putting them in the dishwasher. My dry cycle is extremely hot. Even washing them in hot soapy water , dawn and murphys oil soap have been touted on this site to be good ones, should eliminate bb. If you can afford it Nuvan srtrips can be used for non heatable items. There are several utube videos on how to use them and they can be used repeatably up to four months.

3. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 2 2018 13:11:54
    #

Login to Send PM

What's in the spray?

Is it safe for the kids to handle afterwards (residual?)?

4. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 2 2018 17:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 3 hours ago  » 
    What's in the spray?
    Is it safe for the kids to handle afterwards (residual?)?

.05% Permethrin

It is water based and says it’s safe in most things. I was planning on rinsing their toys off afterward anyways because pretty much everything is covered in DE right now.

5. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 2 2018 17:09:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The whole thing is, we never even saw them in their toys at all. We’re hustbdoing all this as precautionary.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest