Treating non-upholstered furniture with DDVP strips

(3 posts)
  1. Astra

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 21:39:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been looking at the furniture instructions at ZappBug's website; they recommend bagging with DDVP strips for upholstered furniture, and dismantling+vacuuming+DE-applying+caulking for non-upholstered furniture.

is there any reason bagging with DDVP wouldn't work with non-upholstered (hardwood/pressboard) furniture? I've got a bunch of IKEA shelves, and dismantling them and treating them all would be an awful lot of work compared to just bagging and tagging them. One large shelf was already disassembled, and is currently stacks of planks; would the pesticide have trouble getting in between the gaps there? Would I want to use some kind of spacers, maybe?

Thanks for your help.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 23:44:14
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello, a PMP on our forums, has a lot of experience with DDVP. Hopefully he will respond.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2015 8:30:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear astra,

While ddvp is an excellent bed bug killer, for it and ANY other pesticide, to work it must be suitably applied and delivered to the bugs.

For an "in tact" (not disassembled) shelf unit you may wrap/seal in a plastic tarp with a pest strip within.

Your suggestion to use "spacers" for the stacked shelf component pieces would help to provide air space for the vapors to travel in for treatment.

You may also want to visit my website "Articles" page where you will find "Nuvan Frequently Asked Questions" and other information of use to you.

Always Read AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS !

pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956