Treating bites?

(3 posts)
  1. Hopenot

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 29 2012 14:33:20
    #

Login to Send PM

So looks like I have bed bugs. Aside from the utter misery of having to get into a bed that you know has disgusting bugs in it every night, I have pretty bad reactions to the bites. I react almost immediately (I usually wake up right after being bitten, which actually helps me find more bugs), and I get big itchy red welts that swell up and make my skin feel tight. They are so hard not to scratch because they're 10x more itchy than a mosquito bite, and they look gross because I have a few on my hands and back that are very swollen.

I took some allergy meds and those didn't help at all. Ibuprofen actually seems to help a little bit with the swelling, but not the itch. Cortisone cream feels good when I put it on, but doesn't really help anything. Any suggestions about how to deal with the bites?

2. thecitymusthelp

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 29 2012 15:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I also get the same reactions, mine last over a week....huge itchy welts. I have tried burts bees bite relief and it seems to help. It's in a green chapstick type tube. Not all stores carry it, try drugstore online. Good luck

3. thecitymusthelp

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 29 2012 15:20:54
    #

Login to Send PM

one other tip......put ice on them too. It seems to help the swelling

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus