Treating articles in a Moving Van

(5 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 14:21:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Any advice for this?

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 15:05:38
    #

Login to Send PM

As in yourself, or hiring a company to do it?

3. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 17:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, WOW that posted prematurely! Yes, either one. I have called around and no one treats 'vehicles' only 'homes and residences' according to them.

4. bbcomox

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 23:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi misery,

I am not an expert, but I had my stuff treated in a moving van. I found a local heat treatment company, which offered heat treatment in their truck. What I did was to load my stuff into their truck. Once we reached the destination, the PCO placed heaters inside the truck at strategic locations. Then, he placed sensors to ensure critical temperature was reached. It was a lengthy move, but it gave me a peace of mind.

I hope that this helps.

5. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 13:09:31
    #

Login to Send PM

That would be perfect for me, not sure if I can find anyone to do it though. It's ridiculously hard to find anyone willing to treat anything that isn't a building! I was hoping for some potential DIY advice I think, which is saddening. If I was going to get a professional I would have kept more items.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,693 posts in 50,017 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur