Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

treated, getting single bites(?) once a week..?(!)

(3 posts)
  1. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Nov 22 2014 3:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I brought home bb from my place of work. Initially thought confined to one bb on blanket on sofa only to realize with horror that a jacket i had tossed into dryer had the shadows of about 5 bb as well as bb poop on the collar. This jacket had last been used in late May, so I really was distraught to say the least.
    Terminex treated about 2 weeks ago and is returning tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have seen no bedbugs, though I did just see last night a number of tiny, dead dark bugs on the inside of a lampshade that I removed with a lint roller.

I also just found out my cat has fleas.

For the past two weeks I have found two bites, both in my neck. The one last week reminded me of a bb bite... It did burn, and felt spindle shaped, though the next day it appeared small and circular. The small dot I just felt on my neck tonight has no pain at all, no itch, nothing...I'm not even sure it's a bite! My initial bb bite--I was bitten at work, and found it on my jacket there-- was enormous. If course it was an enormous bb!!

I am now wondering if anyone can advise me as to whether or not they think these new "bites" are from my cats fleas or from a bb?

I just bought 2 bb monitors, one passive and one active. I also am hoping to hear from an expert as to where I should place them. Terminex found no bb in my box spring (they said), but the bite from a week ago did appear to have occurred as I slept.

Should I put the active monitor by my sofa or in the (now empty) closet that housed my coat with the bb for all of summer?

Also should I worry my cat is being bitten by nymphs? He howled and howled all summer, sniffing my shoes bottoms...I am convinced he smelled bb that I crushed at work or worse? Brought home.

I treated my apt with diatamous earth when the infestation at my job was discovered, before I found them in my place, if that matters. I placed it around the perimeter as well as under my bed.

How concerned should I be about these "bites"? My matress and box spring are encased, and I seem to have had a reaction to the pillow protector. (My scalp has broken out), so this latest painless bump on my neck? I'm not sure even sure what it means.

I'm hoping the monitors put to rest my worries!! How much longer do I need to keep my things in garbage bags? I'm living out if ziploc bags... My entire Thanksgiving and Christmas are ruined...I threw away about 50% of the things in my closets, washed or dried the rest. Not one bb was found on my bed, none were in the crevices of my sofa or chairs, none found on my other coats, my only concern was one comforter from my closet that smelled funny in the dryer, so I dried it to death then threw out.

Thanks, my stomachs in knots.

Btw, cat is now on Revolution, and my employer has (seemingly) successfully treated the bb. They were in a cloth chair used by a coworker living in a bb infested rooming house. Of course, the supervisor knew this and said nothing. Bb were also in the desk and rubber mat under the chair. Floor is tile, and all infested items were thrown out, and the exterminator sprayed the heck outta the place, but only twice. He hasn't checked the glue traps kept here to see if more are there. I don't wear my shoes into my apt, not my coat. And I immediately bag my work clothes.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  2. sleeplessinnj

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 21:03:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I'm not an expert. I'm sorry your holidays are ruined. Did u Che k your couch or closet u put your coat? First step in treatment is finding the sorces.

3. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 30 2014 9:37:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, pco found black specks on sofa but said they weren't sticky enough tobe fecal bb matter.

I bought a passive and an active monitor.. Found a black dot on passive today, but black speck fell off as I was removing the monitor from my bed, so I couldn't test it with water.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,821 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen