Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Traveling with a friend who has bed begs

(3 posts)
  1. lxb931

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 12:06:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I wanted to get some advice on whether or not I should travel with a friend who has bed begs. I have heard from other sources that the infestation is pretty bad. Is it unsafe to travel for a weekend with them?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 13:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

There are FAQs on how to avoid spreading bed bugs if you have them, and how to avoid bringing them home if exposed here: http://bedbugger.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-bed-bug-faqs/travel/

Your best bet is to get them to take the relevant precautions which apply to them, and for you to take those which apply to your situation. If they won't do anything, you MAY still protect yourself from bringing them home, but it's tricky.

You wouldn't want them in your car, if that's part of the plan, if they are not taking careful precautions.

They may not be carrying bed bugs on them or their luggage, but it really depends how bad the problem is and where it is as well as how they try to prevent spreading it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 13:52:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Are they in denial about the infestation or mid-treatment?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45