travel Qs - what do you do w/BugZip & best hotel monitors

(1 post)
  1. leslie55

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 15 2010 11:27:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm buying all sorts of goodies to prepare for our trip. I'm wondering if I should get a couple of more items. Some folks have mentioned using monitors in the hotel. Any particular brands/models folks recommend?

I had thought of getting BugZip for the luggage but decided to just Ziploc our belongings and to place the luggage in a contractor bag, sealed with good strong tape. I'm still considering BugZip - but am wondering - what do folks do w/them when they leave the hotel? I read they can be heated in packtite, but how do you get it back home? Ziploc it? Throw away? Seems expensive and wasteful - so went with the contractor bag route.

Do people worry about the Ziploc bags getting infested? If I keep them out - say on a table - with the contents sealed, can I then put those bags in the suitcase? Or am I risking the possibility of eggs and nymphs hitching along? Would you put your belongings in a fresh Ziploc (to place in the luggage) and toss the used ones before heading out of the hotel?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69