Transport GHP

(15 posts)
  1. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Apr 2 2012 12:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I haven't found too much info on here about the DIY treatment that I've only recently started. We live in a single story three bedroom house in Central Florida. Son went on a sleepover Feb 17. Two weeks later he began to have a few bites. We dismissed them as ants or something else. By the beginning of the fourth week he was receiving 20-30 bites a night. We were getting very scared at this point. I looked in his bed frame, mattress, boxspring, drawers (he has a captain bed). I never saw any bugs. Then one morning I saw a single dead bug, resembling a flat, reddish brown tick. The same day I bought four chemicals from a DIY pest control place. They were a aerosol can of bug spray, a dust for light sockets, and transport GHP and Gentrol for a pump sprayer. I covered my son's mattress and box spring with bed bug encasements. I sprayed all the mattresses in the house with the aerosol, I did the light sockets hear my son's bed with the dust, I sprayed all the walls, baseboards, bed frames, doorways and entryways to all the bedrooms with the transport GHP/Gentrol mixture. I soaked his bed frame with this stuff, every nook and cranny, flipped it over and did the same thing to the bottom. His bed frame is extensive and has drawers and an understructure. I sprayed everything with the Transport GHP. We also washed and dried all the bedding in the house and all of my son's clothes . This was 3/21/2012.

For three nights no one received any bites. Fourth night my son received four bites. Then no more bites for another two days then my daughter gets five bites. So on 3/29 I mix up more transport GHP and respray the beds, frames and mattresses and re wash and dry all the bedding. I mixed the chemicals kind of strong, hoping for the best. I covered the girls mattresses with encasements. We have not been bitten since then so far.

Total cost so far on encasement is about $160. Chemicals and sprayer $200.

I will try to keep you updated on this. If you have any specific questions about how I sprayed and applied the stuff let me know. We need more information about Transport GHP. I don't know why there isn't more on it, maybe its too new or something.

2. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Apr 3 2012 12:29:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Status update, 4/3/2012 no new bites yet. I'm happy about that, but I still waiting for all the potential eggs to hatch and any still living bugs to try to feed again. Still not visiting anyone's house and still not letting anyone visit our house.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Apr 3 2012 12:42:52
    #

Login to Send PM

nervous breakdown - 1 day ago  » 
    I mixed the chemicals kind of strong, hoping for the best..

To anyone following this please always read the label and follow the instructions they are there for VERY good reasons and MUST be followed.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Apr 3 2012 18:26:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear nervousbreakdown,

It apears you've grabbed the proverbial bull by the horns here.

Where & how youre applying your selected products of choice is of critical importance to your overall success. Check out the resources pages here and via my profile there is additional information for you on the Articles page of my website as well.

ALWAYS read and follow pesticide label instructions !

Good luck, hope this helps ! paul b.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Apr 4 2012 11:04:47
    #

Login to Send PM

To keep everyone on the same page:
    Active Ingredients of Transport GHP:
    Acetamiprid is a neonicotinoid
    Bifenthrin is a pyrethroid

Be sure to read the label that accompanies all products. Don't just make things stronger because you think they will work better. It's illegal to not follow the label instructions and you should also know what to do if misapplication, spills, ingestion, etc. It's all there.
    There is residual action, so don't keep reapplying. Read the label.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 8 2012 7:29:54
    #

Login to Send PM

4/8/2012

No new bites. I am anticipating more however as more eggs hatch. I have not sprayed again but I am continuing to wash and dry the sheets, pillows and blankets.

I'll keep you posted.

7. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Apr 20 2012 18:17:18
    #

Login to Send PM

as of 4/19 no new bites. so far so good. also haven't sprayed again.

8. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Apr 28 2012 14:15:00
    #

Login to Send PM

status update, 4/28/2012 no new bites. considering inviting people over again for social occasions.

9. nervous breakdown

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 26 2012 15:28:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Here we are August 26, no new bedbug bites. We still have the mattress covers on. So the total treatment was spraying twice, VERY thoroughly with transport ghp, gentrol, the dust for electrical fixtures and the bug spray in the aerosol can. My only advice would be to VERY thoroughly spray the mattresses and bed frames. This means all the cracks and crevices, flip them over and spray the bottoms, spray the floorboards, the doorways, the walls. Put everything into the dryer that can be put into the dryer.

My fall back plan was to heat the house up to 130 degrees. I will do this if I have to. But for now we haven't had any new bites in months. Also the kids haven't spent the night in any friends' houses either, I'm very cautious about that now. What a complete miserable fiasco this all has been.

10. DreDay17

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 26 2012 16:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

The one thing that concerns me is that it seems that you never confirmed them to be bed bugs.

Remember read, verify, take action. Just assuming its bed bugs and from what you said you found only one bug. With the amount if bites seen you should see them running everywhere

11. DreDay17

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 26 2012 16:33:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, please not that just reapplying on top of what you already applied is not being thorough. If you applied all the cracks and crevices in you house and see a bug crawling on your bed. You would assum they are in you frame or box spring. If you don't find any in your frame or box spring box you decide to treat anyway. Please remember to always verify bed bugs because you could have mites, beetles, or just skin reactions not related to bugs.

Using pesticides is dangerous if not handle properly. Over applications can present a whole new problem other then these "bites"

12. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 19:41:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my first treatment today by a PCO. He used Transport (and he actually forgot to take the bottle with him for some reason, although I don't plan on using it myself). I was NOT told to wash/heat and bag all my clothing, clean out my closet or clean out my dresser. I plan to start doing all that anyway by his next visit. I did do a major decluttering before he arrived. Since I have not had time to start laundering clothing yet, I sprayed some things with 91% alcohol (pretty sparingly since I hate the smell) and used some food grade DE before the PCO arrived, which I was told to clean up before he could start treatment, so I cleaned it up. I also purchased a Packtite which I have yet to set up due to some other emergency situations going on with me right now (stress is through the roof). This is hands down one of the worst things I have ever been through, on par with losing a job for the amount of stress it's causing. I'll try to update as things progress with the Transport and any other treatments applied when the PCO returns (I live in a rent stabilized NYC apartment and my landlord arranged for the PCO).

13. BBuster

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jan 15 2016 16:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    This is my first post. I will introduce myself later but at this time, I'm very tired. I hope you understand.

I read this topic and I am wondering if "Transport GHP" is also available in Europe, maybe it has another name?
    Bifenthrin and acetamiprid seem to be available. Is it possible to mix both compounds myself and if so, what dilution?

Note: I'm not a professional. I have a BB infestation with resistance to everything that has been tried so far (by professionals or myself). The next option is to sell the house or jump from the roof. I would very much appreciate your help, espacialy members from my airea.
    I'm not native English. If you have any questions, I will try to answer as acurate as possible.

Thank you,
    Failed buster.

14. BugaMeBugaYou

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jan 15 2016 17:48:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure if many of these people are still around as this thread is over 3 years old.

But PLEASE DO NOT go mixing chemicals without the help of a professional... Very dangerous. I know you are asking for advice and dilution instructions here but if you don't hear from someone about that, do NOT take things into your own hands and try it.

I understand how desperate you are and I'm so sorry you're going through this. My advice would be to make a new thread on the topic, it might grab someone's attention more that way.

Hang in there.

I am a certified Herbalist, Aromatherapist, and Reiki Master Practitioner who is working toward a PhD in Natural Medicine but above all that I'm just a Mom obsessed with learning about Bed Bugs. Here to comfort and support some of the lost, panicked, and frantic until expert help can arrive.
  15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jan 15 2016 17:58:36
    #

Login to Send PM

BBuster - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello,
    This is my first post. I will introduce myself later but at this time, I'm very tired. I hope you understand.
    I read this topic and I am wondering if "Transport GHP" is also available in Europe, maybe it has another name?
    Bifenthrin and acetamiprid seem to be available. Is it possible to mix both compounds myself and if so, what dilution?
    Note: I'm not a professional. I have a BB infestation with resistance to everything that has been tried so far (by professionals or myself). The next option is to sell the house or jump from the roof. I would very much appreciate your help, espacialy members from my airea.
    I'm not native English. If you have any questions, I will try to answer as acurate as possible.
    Thank you,
    Failed buster.

BBuster,
    Please repost your message in a new thread, so it is easier for others to respond and so you get more attention.

Not only is this thread 3 years old, but it's on a specific topic and your questions (on DIY treatment in Europe) are more general I think, namely because this product may not even be what you're looking for. Note that if you tell us your country in the new thread, that will help too.

If you do not know how, this FAQ explains how to start a new thread, among other things. When you do, I will post a link to it here, or you can.

Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982