Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate My PCO

(7 posts)
  1. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 12:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

1.) When asked how come they don't do visual inspections, they claim their dogs are error prone and they can find bugs better then a 21 yr entomologist.
    2.) They do not work with the tennant but with the landlord who hired them which is strange since they are making me do all the work and get the place ready for them.
    3.) They are not open to finding solutions to apartment specific requirements. When I called them and said "listen I want to follow all your instructions but I can't because of these limitations of my apartment, is there anything else you can suggest me", they basically said, "oh well if you don't do what we tell you to do, they won't go away". I am aware of that, this is why I am calling you to discuss alternative ways to approach the prep.
    4.) They claim when they treat, they follow no stone unturned approach. We have two wood dressers. I took the drawers out of the big one, my husband left his small dresser empty but drawers in it to see what happens. They sprayed mine but did not take the drawers from the other unit. It would have taken them 5 sec to do it. I assume they sprayed the drawers but not the body of the dresser. So they don't turn the stones, they just take care of the ones that were already moved. I bet they also did not move the bed frame (I can tell from where we left it) to spray the area between the bed and wall. No stones unturned my ... (pardon my language).
    5.) When I asked their treatment guy if there are any known allergies with the pesticides they will be using in our place, he smirked at me and told me since he does not know what I am allergic to, he can't say anything about it. Guess what, I am allergic to what ever they sprayed! So now I have skin reaction that made me freak out thinking I had 100 bugs on my forehead over the night until I realized I touched my forehead after putting sofa cushions back (they were still wet) before I washed my hands.
    6.) They haven't left a detailed information sheet when they were done so I can know where the hell they sprayed, so I can stay away from touching those surfaces or cleaning them or any info about what to do with my belongings.
    7.) I took time off work so I can stay at home to ask questions and get feedback about the prep we made when their treatment crew came. He wasn't very informative about what we did wrong or how we can improve the prep for the next time. He said they will work around it. I don't know if it means skipping the second bedroom since there was no sign of pesticide smell in that room after we spend 2 hrs cleaning the closet.
    8.) They did not leave any notes about if they saw signs of the bugs anywhere when they were treating the place. When I asked, they said treatment is different then inspection since they are not looking for bugs but just applying pesticide to possible infestation areas. Heeeellllooooo, if there are bugs, aren't they going to be leaving their poop and dead members back where they were hanging out. Shouldn't you see these marks when you are applying treatment????
    9.) Did I mention they only use dogs for inspection, so there wasn't any human confirmation during inspection ,they were not looking to see anything during treatment. We haven't seen anything yet. And I am being treated like a crazy person because I want them to prove that we really have these bugs before I spend more money or time on it.
    10.) They claim they have a great success rate with BBs. If you don't do visual inspection and assume all your K9s are correct and go into places with no bug problem, I bet you have great results as you will be cleaning apartments that do not have infestation to begin with.
    Mad mad mad today. It is much better then feeling like a victim let me tell ya!
    cf

2. MyWorstFear

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 16:57:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Control freak, if you're in New York, I think the law is that they absolutely have to leave you with paperwork explaining what they used. They are usually several pages long and have way too much information on them, but they have to supply it without your even asking them.

3. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 18:21:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the info but I am not at NYC. If I was living there, i would have get in line and wait for KQ :-)... I am in Boston and as you know there is no BB problem up in here!!!!!

4. MyWorstFear

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 18:52:58
    #

Login to Send PM

no laws in Mass. about PCO having to supply info on what they are using? Seems so odd that different states would require it and others won't supply the info even if asked!. I'm sorry that you are going thru this. I guess you have to hope that the next time they treat, you'll get a PCO who will answer
    your questions.

5. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 18:53:49
    #

Login to Send PM

FYI the information can also be emailed or given to property management.

6. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Aug 24 2010 19:04:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I wrote a long email (as you can tell i am living up to my nickname) to my landlord and told her all about what i have learned in this site so far. I requested that when they come for the next treatment, the pco will talk to us in detail and we will go through the house talk about where to look for signs and all the other stuff. I also asked for the report. We shall see what happens.

7. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 10:00:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Add this as the 11th reason. I asked the landlord to request passive monitors to be installed to two rooms and livingroom. I said I have been using an active monitor and did not catch anything but since we sleep in our bedroom and sit on our sofa every night it would be better to install passive ones. I even send the link of the product. She calls them, they say ok. This morning they came for the second treatment and he tells me he was confused since they are treating, why are they also monitoring. I asked why are they using an active monitor in the bedroom since bugs would prefer us. He gave me a look that said 'ooohhhh you are one of those who thinks they know what they are talking about'. Oh well... On the bright! side I may have find a nest. Ironically it is not even the same room stupid dog alerted... 2 down 1 treatment to go. In the mean time I may tell my husband who actually ushered the words 'even if we have them it is not a big deal. People have been living with them forever. So what', that I am taking my bag (after packtiteing it obviously) and my packtite and go back to visit my family and he can keep on not dealing with this problem... Packing 300 gizillion books do that to you... Kindle will be my new best friend. After packtite... Ugghhhhhhhh...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081