Too Broke to get an exterminator and at end of my rope

(3 posts)
  1. ItchyOhioan

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 19 2018 13:32:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm honestly about to snap mentally. I've had these bugs for about 8 months now (two prior infestations- one forced to abandon and the other one chemically treated and it was seemingly successful). I can't afford to pack up what little things I can heat in the dryer and move, and I can't afford to treat this place either, be it heat or chemical.

I've got so much diatomacioius earth put down I may as well be outside and still nothing.

Please, if anyone knows cheap or payment plan treatments in southwest Ohio, or a good online therapist before I have a mental breakdown over these bugs. I'm clean but they make me feel like a dirty failure of separating my house from nature (bugs and such).

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 19 2018 23:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you tell us a bit more?

Are you in a single family detached home or do you have attached neighbors?

Do you have a landlord, and if so, have you verified it isn’t their responsibility legally to pay for treatment?

What evidence have you found, how much, and where?

What has been done so far and when?

It is possible to self-treat but it takes a lot of knowledge and hard work.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. ItchyOhioan

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 0:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can you tell us a bit more?
    Are you in a single family detached home or do you have attached neighbors?
    Do you have a landlord, and if so, have you verified it isn’t their responsibility legally to pay for treatment?
    What evidence have you found, how much, and where?
    What has been done so far and when?
    It is possible to self-treat but it takes a lot of knowledge and hard work.

I hope this is the reply, I'm not good at this
    But I've found significant three part bites all over my body, scanning my mattress, sheets and box springs in my room and another all confirmed it, small clusters of bugs and eggs, all sorts of life cycles and their standard dark spot feces.

I'm renting a detached family home, and the Ohio bed bug/pest law is vauge and not relevant, as it only state's that all dwellings, specifically hotels must be clear or the tennanrs most be notified before hand. My lease shuts down any hope of my landlord dealing with it, the place was pest free when I got it, and any pests I introduced are my problem. I swear I got them from a friend who told me he had them like three hours after I got to his place and sat down on various furniture- I got home that night and slowly started to notice the itching growing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982