Too baggy

(4 posts)
  1. Fed-up over being Fed-on

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 13:32:17
    #

Login to Send PM

How long should I go w/o seeing any BB (dead or alive) and havin no new bites before I assume my investation is resolved and removed all my belongigns from plastic bags? Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 9:56:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read a few people on here say 60 days.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 10:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

There used to be an idea that you wait 55 days, but that predates currently available bed bug monitors. I don't think you should rely on not seeing bed bugs, since seeing them is not a usual occurrence for low-level problems. I also would not rely on bed bug bites alone because reactions can vary, though if you have reacted in the past, not doing so is a very good sign.

Check out our FAQ on BbAlert Passive and ClimbUp Interceptor monitors, and consider implementing one of these options. They're inexpensive and will probably help reassure you bed bugs are gone.

However, I would not rush to de-bag for at least three weeks. Having to wash and bag everything again, if your PCO requires this prep, it would be annoying if you need another treatment.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. BuggingOutinWY

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 20:18:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone had any expreinces with the Bed Bug Alert by BirdX? I bought 4 and have not had any signs of bed-bugs for a week now, however, there were TWO bad reviews on the internet (saying they didn't work, one was Amazon). I got mine from USBedbugs.com. I assume, since they are on here quite a lot, that they sell trusted products? I also read a good review on their site (or somewhere) that a PCO in Canada uses them after they exterminate and have read two other good reviews. Any advice from anyone on these types of monitors would be great. After I saw the bad review on Amazon I was panic-stricken (again!). I want to start putting my furnitue back together and unpacking SOME things. (my winter things are going to stay in completely air-tight SpaceBags...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs