Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Tonight on Animal Planet at 7PM... me? Maybe?

(8 posts)
  1. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 16:59:25
    #

Login to Send PM

So my mum called me a few minutes ago to tell me that tonight at 7 pm EST she thinks they are rerunning the episode of Bed Bug Apocolypse that my story was presented on.

I do not know if they made more than one or if it was a single special but yeah. If it does happen to be the same one you'll get to see me and my story, what little Animal Planet actually showed of the entire days' worth of footage and activity they filmed.

They do NOT show the K9 inspection of my home, they do NOT show or even mention the fact that i am prepping for a thermal treatment. They DO show my awesome steamer, they do NOT show my Packtite. They only play a short short part of the video diary I made after they left documenting my prep for the thermal and that when I was going to bed it was actually about 7 AM and light out (I showed the time on the video. You DO hear one of my cats crying in the hall as I'm filming who were and are no longer allowed in the bedroom because they will claw at the encasement under the bed.

If it turns out this is a totally different episode, disregard this lol.

Just thought I'd mention it as my story isn't really presented completely. I was also shown sitting at my computer, I was here, on the bedbugger forum, when they did that.

They also used quick clips of bug and fecal footage that were NOT my house at all.

My life has changed a little since that was filmed back in March so it's really upsetting seeing still how messy everything was. Granted I still have clothes in bags, I put my drapes back up on the bedroom and all since.

Ok I gotta go, I'm getting anxious and scared thinking about it.

2. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 17:40:01
    #

Login to Send PM

help_me - 39 minutes ago  » 
    So my mum called me a few minutes ago to tell me that tonight at 7 pm EST she thinks they are rerunning the episode of Bed Bug Apocolypse that my story was presented on.
    I do not know if they made more than one or if it was a single special but yeah. If it does happen to be the same one you'll get to see me and my story, what little Animal Planet actually showed of the entire days' worth of footage and activity they filmed.
    They do NOT show the K9 inspection of my home, they do NOT show or even mention the fact that i am prepping for a thermal treatment. They DO show my awesome steamer, they do NOT show my Packtite. They only play a short short part of the video diary I made after they left documenting my prep for the thermal and that when I was going to bed it was actually about 7 AM and light out (I showed the time on the video. You DO hear one of my cats crying in the hall as I'm filming who were and are no longer allowed in the bedroom because they will claw at the encasement under the bed.
    If it turns out this is a totally different episode, disregard this lol.
    Just thought I'd mention it as my story isn't really presented completely. I was also shown sitting at my computer, I was here, on the bedbugger forum, when they did that.
    They also used quick clips of bug and fecal footage that were NOT my house at all.
    My life has changed a little since that was filmed back in March so it's really upsetting seeing still how messy everything was. Granted I still have clothes in bags, I put my drapes back up on the bedroom and all since.
    Ok I gotta go, I'm getting anxious and scared thinking about it.

I want to see this but I don't think that I'll be near a television. Is it archived on the Animal Planet website by any chance?

-rs1971

3. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 17:48:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea if it is or not. I know I was supposed to get a copy of it on DVD from Animal Planet and never did. Unfortunately, despite having just seen blank VHS tapes the other day (much to my surprise) at a store, I don't have any to tape it on.

4. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 17:50:04
    #

Login to Send PM

help_me - 35 seconds ago  » 
    I have no idea if it is or not. I know I was supposed to get a copy of it on DVD from Animal Planet and never did. Unfortunately, despite having just seen blank VHS tapes the other day (much to my surprise) at a store, I don't have any to tape it on.

That's okay. As luck would have it my conference call ended abruptly so I'll be able to check it out. (assuming I have Animal Planet but I must).

-rs1971

5. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 18:50:29
    #

Login to Send PM

It was the same episode, yup yup. That was my shack alright.

6. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 22:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I just finished watching it. I was a bit confused earlier. I thought that since it was on at 7EST that it would be shown at 7 here (I'm effectively on PST). But it wasn't, it was on at 7 here as well and just ended. In any event, I thought that generally speaking it was pretty interesting if a bit sensational. With respect to your segment specifically, it was pretty obvious that this has taken a real toll on you. I assume that this was all filmed before your thermal treatment so I hope that things are better for you now.

-rs1971

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 22:46:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Missed it. Someone had mentioned a while ago seeing it and it really scared them.

You also had the Walmart post. Thanks for educating and hope your thermal (didn't you have a 2nd one) went well. Sorry if my memory isn't correct.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 23:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

It's being shown again at 2 am Thurs. (i.e.. in two hours) if anyone is interested in recording.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago