Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Today is a good day

(6 posts)
  1. Felix811

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 19 2015 22:49:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Today is a good day. And I'm sharing it with all of you who truly understand how much of an emotional roller coaster this whole thing can be.

I got bit by Felix while I was sleeping (for those of you who don't know, I named my houseguests all Felix to decrease the creep factor). This morning my mother called and told me my cousin is in emergency surgery for appendicitis. He is ok. My good friend underwent an eight hour brain surgery to save her life (the second in two days, so that she can someday walk again, as she is currently a 22 year old quadriplegic following a sudden, unexpected brain hemorrhage). She is ok. My therapist emailed me to tell me her car was hit by a bus, she is hurt, and her amazing therapy dog is dead.

But today is a good day. How? You might ask. Because today I realized that regardless of how gross Felix is, and regardless of all the horrible things happening to those I care about, it all had a way of working out in the end. It might not be the path I wanted to take to get there, but my cousin and friend will recover, my therapist will recover, and Felix will eventually die.

Today I realized that even though the people around me are currently dropping like flies (and I advise all of You who are reading this and are now somehow connected to me to buy and wear a good helmet), the people I am surrounded by are all incredible, strong, and supportive people. People who, even in the midst of their own suffering, take the time to wish me well in my war against Felix, and offer their own love and strength.

Even though the circumstances are not ideal, we all at bedbugger.com are a community. We have wisdom, advise, and ears to lend each other, and none of us are truly alone in this struggle.

Stay strong my bedbugger friends. This will all come to pass.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 19 2015 22:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Fantastic attitude & inspiring message. Thanks for sharing it.

And it's true-- you will get through bed bugs.

Sorry to hear about all that's going on. That's a lot.
    Glad to hear your people are going to be okay.

Also I'm really sorry to hear about the dog.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Felix811

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 19 2015 22:56:09
    #

Login to Send PM

In the grand scheme of things, although Felix is an asshole, I still have the people I love and the ability to provide love to others.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 20 2015 12:51:36
    #

Login to Send PM

And now you've started a trend.

5. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 17:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping this thread because everyone needs some inspiration when they're dealing with bed bugs and this is such a great example of putting it all in proper perspective.

I had a hard time gaining that perspective when I was in the middle of it, but this forum certainly helped.

I love that your named all of your bed bugs Felix - brilliant!

I am sorry to hear about all of the other things that are going on with your loved ones.

You're right. It will all come to pass.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring message and stay strong

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  6. riley123

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 18:32:46
    #

Login to Send PM

And sending hugs to Felix811- you go girl!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45