Tired of bed bug paranoia

(3 posts)
  1. Baconfriessteve

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 9:33:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So last year around this time I started getting hand bites. The first time we got bed bugs I started with hand bites.

So yesterday I saw this mark and panicked. It looks like a hand bite but it doesn't itch at all.

https://imgur.com/a/q0y05jk

I'm practically neurotic over these stupid bugs. My apartment complex is prone to them and I'm ungodly allergic. We just came back from Vegas and now I'm terrified we picked up another again. Both times before we ended up finding the bug before we found any actual signs due to my allergy. Do you think this is a bed bug thing or something else?

I wish I didn't live in a state with a billion different species of biting insect

2. keephopealive

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 15:34:31
    #

Login to Send PM

You've said you live in area with many biting insects so I think the odds are pretty good that it could be from something else.

It's always advised on this forum that you cannot tell what bit you based on a bite reaction; in your case, especially as this is a single, one off bite I'd be inclined to hope for the best and stay vigilant; in the event you do discover something your reactions will alert you so early in the game that you'll be on top of the issue straight away.

It may be worth investing in some passive monitors.

3. Baconfriessteve

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 15:36:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I've wanted passive monitors but we don't even have a bed frame. The stupid mattress and box spring are just on the carpeted floor. I can make the dog bowl like passive things but I'm not exactly sure if those even work.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,257 posts in 46,757 topics over 142 months by 20,629 of 21,513 members. Latest: Ento1, jungr, laurwes