tips/schedule for living with bed bugs.

(3 posts)
  1. cannotsleep999

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 2 2016 20:46:46
    #

Login to Send PM

First a few things- I am a stay at home mom so I don't need as many outfits as my child in school. My husband needs work and home/casual clothing. Next we only had bed bugs in small area of our home and very small investation so we have one safe room that has on the numerous checks from our PCO no bed bugs. With this being said this is also the play room so space is at a minimum. I also keep the dirty clothing in the other room that had the bed bugs in bags until they are washed. I also checked with my PCO before doing anything.

Items I needed-

1. bags (lots of them). My PCO gave ok for me to use garbage bags but I would check to see what type of bags your PCO recommends.

2. Sharpie marker

3. clear totes. I am using four My PCO told me that the totes that the bed bugs could not get in were the clear totes. I still also keep the clothing in bags in these totes.

4. Time

The first thing I did was organize the clothing. This took some time since my PCO had me wash everything. What worked for me is to place my son's school clothing in bags in one clear tote and husbands work clothes in the other clear tote. This way we could easily get those clothes. I also have one tote for each for the day's clothing for school/work.

Next I placed the other items in bags marked as I would place them away normally and marked the bags with sharpies. I had one bag for each person. So for me this meant one bag for undergarments for everyone, one bag with shirts for everyone, one bag with pants for everyone, and one bag with pajamas for everyone. This comes in handy if my son got something dirty (which he does) I could easily grab a pair of pants or another shirt with out having to go through all the bags.

Next my daily schedule-

I have to do a little bit of work before (normally I lay out clothing the night before so this is not extra work). Day of is a lot more work.

Night before I get out my son's school outfit (if school day) and husband's work outfit and place it into bags in the totes for that days outfit.

I have had to wake up about an hour earlier to get the extra things done.

When we wake up we get out of pjs and place those into garbage bags seal them and place them into the room with clothes to be washed.

We also wash bedding every couple of days (per my PCO) so if is a bedding wash day I place the bedding into those bags.

Then showers and get dressed and get out the door. Drive son to school.

When I get home I clean the house and do laundry.

Normally I also place dinner for that night in a crock pot. Loving my crock pot because it saves so much time.

Then before heading out the door to get my son I take another shower and change clothing.

When son and husband come home they put school clothing/work clothes into dirty clothes bag. Then change clothing.

I also do vacuuming once in the morning after dropping off son at school, one during lunch time and then once before bed time.

I am still learning and I am sure some routines may change until this change of life is over but maybe this will give ideas for others out there. Good luck to everyone.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 3 2016 8:47:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Well done. Getting rid of the bedbugs is an exhausting process. I used to take my PJs off and place them in a ziplock bag and use them like this for a few days. You could do this and wash them when you wash the bedding. That may save you a little work.

3. cannotsleep999

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2016 3:28:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the good idea!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,316 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto