Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Tips to help me go to sleep at night?

(5 posts)
  1. iseriouslyneversleep

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 21:19:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I am losing my mind. I have had maybe 5 hours sleep total this whole week and the exterminator is coming tomorrow for a first time inspection (this is a new but severe development...i think a delayed reaction to bites that showed up all at once).

what do you do when you cant sleep? i have just been staying up watching all six harry potter movies over and over every night. i slept a bit on tuesday night cause i took a benadryl....that was before i SAW and killed a bug. i am so terrified at the thought of what they look like and picturing them crawling all over my body. bedbugs have been a major fear of mine for a very long time, this is wearing on me so hard.

i've got all myh bed linens in a hot dryer right now...is there anything else i can do to give me a tiny peace of mind before bed? my bed frame doesnt have "legs" so in order to coat it with anything i'd have to get up close and personal way up underneath my bed and i probably cant do that without a panic attack.

encouraging thoughts you think to yourself to calm histeria before bed?
    anyone take sleeping pills?

i feel like i am on the verge of a nervous breakdown (really....i know what it feels like and this is pushing me). tempted to check into a hotel for the weekend but i could not BEAR the thought of spreading this. i feel guilty even going to work.

i just want to sleep so badly.

2. SearchandDestroy

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 22:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh I understand...on a good day I struggle with insomnia. When I figured out that we have/had bbs, I barely slept a wink. Losing sleep takes a toll on your mental state as you know. I had to resort to Ambien..it was the only thing that let me sleep those first few nights. Can you get some from your GP? If you say why, I'm sure they will help.

I also couldn't sleep until the mattress was covered (before pco came...buy the cheapo ones). Since your bed is on the floor, you could put double sided sticky tape all the way around to give you some peace of mind.

3. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 23:15:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - the double sided tape all around my mattress really helped me sleep, but apparently sometimes that makes the bedbugs spread in your home. For me, got to point just had to get some sleep - was desperate. So had to take the chance.

Hope you feel better..........

4. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 23:45:42
    #

Login to Send PM

If checking into a hotel is going to be the much needed catch up on sleep you need, then treat yourself. If you've got bed bugs then you have a battle ahead of you. A sleepless night is going to become the norm for a little while. There is nothing better than having a good nights sleep for a night or two (elsewhere) to get you in the right state of mind to deal with this. If you're very careful then you won't spread them to a hotel or to work. For me, I used to go to bed and it was horrible to lay there and think about bb. I used to finally fall asleep when I was too tired to keep my eyes open anymore.

5. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 1 2010 0:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll be honest -- I had to flee my bed for a few nights and sleep on an air mattress because I was getting lots of welts. My husband, who does not respond to bites, slept in the bed and the bedbugs fed off of him while I got the rest I needed to carry on. I took precautions not to spread the bugs because I didn't want our entire apartment infested.

The nights that I WAS sleeping on the bed and knew the BBS were there, I took what is the prescription equivalent of Benadryl -- my derm gave it to me because of my auto-immune issues which bring on hives. Two of those and I slept through the bites and could function. I also wore long sleeve shirts and capri length pants (so they could bite my feet and ankles and not my face) while I slept in the bed.

Don't know if this helps... I know what it means to be sleepless. It's 1:30 now and I still can't crash.. and we've been treated! There is definitely a lot of anxiety around da bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993