(5 posts)
  1. Itchyinthecity

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 2:00:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all -

I had a PCO out to spray on Wednesday. My roommate and I both took a day off work to prep, and I think we did a really thorough job. I was a little skeptical about the PCO (they had some misinformation about how BB spread and didn't include a follow up treatment) - but it was such a hassle to get my LL to pay, that I wasn't in a position to argue with the choice of PCO.

Here's what they sprayed:

Immediately after treatment I encased my mattress and boxspring per PCO's recs. This weekend I have been caulking up gaps under my baseboards and treating with DE. I also disassembled my bed frame and steamed/Cimexa'd it. While I was doing the bed, I found a live bug. It clearly hadn't fed in a while and was in a very hidden spot, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke. But it's making me question the residual power of what the PCO sprayed.

Im following up with my LL and PCO - however, I don't think LL will pay again, and I doubt PCO will re-treat for free (their re-treatment fee isn't outrageous - 50% original price - but I don't know how much I trust their spray.) What can I do to follow up myself? I think I've Cimexa'd everything I can. I ordered Bedlam Plus and was thinking of spraying baseboards and bed frame next weekend (about 1.5 wk after PCO treatment). I have Climbups on my bed - my hunch is that they've only been harboring on my bed, because the Climbups have caught nothing. I have also seen very few bugs (3 bugs over about a month of bites), so I think the main harborage was in box spring out of sight. PCO wouldn't treat box spring because they don't spray fabric.

Any thoughts on what would complement my PCO treatment?

2. Itchyinthecity

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 16:26:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping

3. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 17:04:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Itchy,

I'm not a pro, but I do know this: you should be very careful about self treating in the first place, even more so when you're already working with a PCO. Run everything you're planning by your PCO first to make sure you're not undermining the work they've done.

Also, keep in mind that steaming can vaporize chemicals, not only reducing their potency but also making them an inhalation hazard.

Best advice is to not do anything more and wait for a PRO here to weigh in...

Hope this helps,

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  4. Itchyinthecity

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 19:06:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! This site keeps me sane sometimes.

I won't do anything until the PCO responds to my questions about whether this is normal, how long their substances residual effects last, and whether they will retreat. Then I'll decide if I should use bedlam Plus.

Ordered passive monitor and might get rid of Climbups. Is it at all adviseable to dust passive monitor with Cimexa?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 22:31:10
    #

Login to Send PM

If you're talking about a Packtite Passive, no-- do not apply Cimexa or any other pesticides to it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956