Timbuk2 & 'crocodile' bag

(3 posts)
  1. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 13:56:51
    #

Login to Send PM

... I don't have a Packtite and won't be able to get one, but my Timbuk2 was on the floor right where I later found some bugs. Also my (not real) gigantic crocodile bag that I use for my laptop, notebooks, books, school-junk, etc., each day, was right near there too. (I live in a 400 sq foot studio.. pretty much everything was/is 5 feet from my bed.)

Recommendations: how do I clean my Timbuk2 and croc bag? I need both for work/grad school.. right now I am taking my stuff to work in a Trader Joe's tote bag because that can be put in dryer. Apparently if you put a Timbuk2 in the dryer then the waxed coating will melt and adhere to your dryer.

Should I just spray the hell out of both with 91% isopropyl alcohol?
    The PCO company (I couldn't pick them--landlord gets to decide) said: just put them in a bag for four weeks, and they will suffocate ... um, nowhere online does it say that. It says it takes 18 months.
    HELP, thanks.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 14:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but Nuvsn strips n a sealed container for the specified times. The strips come in different strengths. Yo MUST follow the instructions carefully.
    Would think the alcohol would wreck your bag

3. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 14:33:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I asked about those strips (because I was told only PCO has them), and that's when he said they don't go into purses, that I didn't need Nuvan strips or to worry about purses...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,649 posts in 50,007 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop