Tags:

1. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 18:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

http://extension.missouri.edu/explore/agguides/pests/g07396.htm

Recently found one of these crawling under the mattress of my pull out couch during an inspection. Entomologist has confirmed what is called a Thrip. Springtail. They do not usually bite humans but please read this site and comments are appreciated.

2. itchyincharmcity

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 18:44:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I saw one of those insidious flower bugs in my house yesterday. I saw something a lot like it, determined it was neither a roach nor a bedbug, and killed it. When will I learn?

3. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 19:08:52
    #

Login to Send PM

That is interesting. I'm pretty sure we still have bed bugs since I've seen two small nymphs alive and another dead from the laundry, but I have wondered occasionally about the cause of our bites. I have had a few "bites" that seem to really hurt. (Similar to that described in the article) I quickly look at the area but I never see a bug crawling away or anything. It could be nymphs and I mistake them for a mole, but I had never heard of bed bug bites really hurting. I also wonder if some of those sharp "bites" I have occasionally felt aren't part of the psychological damage these little guys have caused. Thanks for the heads up on other causes though.

4. mrbill0626

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 21:57:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, so bed bugs aren't the only pests we have to worry about biting us, eh?

5. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2007 11:39:10
    #

Login to Send PM

mrbill0626,
    Yes that is my point. We need to be aware of other possibilities as well. We are seeing all kinds of things happening which seem to be happening all at once. MRSA, BBs, Mites, Biting Midges. Do roaches Bite? Professionals have been predicting for a while now that we will see pesticide resistance and antibiotic resistance. Well, here we go.

currentinsomniac,
    I think that I remember reading that if you disturb a bb at a certain point when it is biting you may feel the bite. I think that this had happened to me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug