Thoughts?

(5 posts)
  1. Goingcrazy7400

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Thu Apr 12 2018 21:56:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Back in August of 2017 is when my horror story starts as I discover we got bed bugs from a neighbor in a multi housing unit. They had attempted self treatment instead of notifying our landlord and perusing professionals. I notified the landlord of the issue and we began professional treatment the next day. The company only does chemical treatments so we endured 6 treatments from Aug to October. Our apartment was fully inspected and it was determined our infestation was limited to our bedroom. We learned of our opportunity to move from that apartment in October and began the preparations to move to a single family dwelling owned by one of our family members. We had one chemical spray inside our new home after new carpet was laid and any of our stuff was moved in. We officially moved in Nov 18, 2017. Due to anxiety these bugs have given me, I have been unable to sleep in bed. My husband and dog sleep in bed and I sleep in the living room on the couch. When we moved, we brought nothing from our bedroom with us except for the TV (I used one of those cans of air and sprayed every crevice) and a couple angel figurines that had been on the shelf with the TV. We moved in and everything seemed going well...I was doing daily bed checks and then we went to my in-laws for Christmas...we get home and I begin to notice random bites on my husbands legs. I immediately check the bed again and come up empty handed. I breathe a sigh of relief and go on about life...but the bites have not stopped! I believe it was Mid January when I called a different PCO to come inspect and went over the timeline of our move, how we moved our stuff and what we brought with us. He looked at our mattress, pallet frame, wall, baseboards, closet, ceiling, through the living room furniture, curtains and TV console. He came up empty handed and said that if my husband was getting consistent bites that were bed bug related, he was certain that there would be visible signs and thought we were safe to say we were clear. My husband is still getting bites Nightly, But this far I have really only noticed them on his legs. I check the bed frequently with no signs and we’ve lived here almost 5 months. With nightly bites you would think something would be giving us obvious signs by now. I am wondering about fleas but they are not in clusters....a bite here and there, he doesn’t seem like they are super itchy but I notice him scratch occasionally. Should I call the PCO back to inspect again? Any thoughts?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Apr 13 2018 9:45:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Fleas would be my first thought.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Goingcrazy7400

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Apr 15 2018 12:56:06
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 days ago  » 
    Fleas would be my first thought.

Thank you, BigDummy. We have a pellet wood bed so I know there are plenty of places bed bugs could hide in that but I have looked as best I can between the slats, under the slats, in the screw heads, the mattress and baseboards/carpet and see nothing suspicious. I see pieces of wood and have mini panic attacks that they are nymphs but end up being little slivers of wood. I previously said that I thought he was getting bitten nightly but that I’m not certain of. He does not like for me to look at his skin or ask him because to him I’m obsessing about something that isn’t an issue. The last round of bites I was able to notice were all singles ( 2 near his knee (about an inch apart), one on his shin and one of back of calf). He itches at them occasionally but nothing excessive. I can hardly ever tell if he gets anything on his arms as he’s a construction worker and is always coming home with skinned up hands and arms. I found a blood spot on his pillow which is suspicious but he got mad when I asked him about that. I keep thinking that signs would be obvious as long as we’ve lived here (will be 5 months this Wednesday). I’m seriously about to go crazy!

4. Pissedmama

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 13:38:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Could it possibly be some sort of skin rash? My husband breaks out in what looks like bites but its some sort of eczema.

5. Goingcrazy7400

newbite

Posted 12 hours ago
    Wed Apr 18 2018 19:04:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Pissedmama - 2 days ago  » 
    Could it possibly be some sort of skin rash? My husband breaks out in what looks like bites but its some sort of eczema.

I don’t really know at this point. Yesterday he had a spot on his wrist but says that had a head on it and was able to express white acne like material and a bit of blood. Today he has a couple spots on his forehead. I’m at such a loss and have no idea what to do.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,341 posts in 44,488 topics over 135 months by 19,506 of 20,185 members. Latest: R1180m, SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom