thought we will be in the clear

(9 posts)
  1. fed up

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 12:03:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Today the Orkin inspector came to put us in the clear. Mind you we already had three treatments already. When the PCO came for the third treatment I was at work so my fiance was the one who let him in. I told my fiance to make sure the PCO spray all of the couches and chairs. My fiance did not tell him to get the one chair in the family room. By the way my fiance does not think having bbs is a serious issue and tries to be non complaint with my efforts. When the PCO came the last time he did not find any activity of live bbs. I have been bitten sitting in that chair since the third treatment and I knew there had to be bbs still present in that chair. I searched the chair but I didn't see any bbs. Fast forward to today the inspector came and I had him search the chair. He searched the chair and he didn't find any live bbs at first. But my gut feeling told me that they are still present in the chair so I made him search a second time. This time he found a little nymph in the seam on the back of the chair. Now they have to come for a fourth treatment. This is very irritating. I live in a single family home. My question is how long does it take to get rid of these damn things? Can the ones in the chair reinfest the rest of the house again? Was that a lone nymph because he didn't see anymore? I need answers please help.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 14:07:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Technically it can only be one of two scenarios:

• Treatment has not killed the nymph and needs to be more thorough
    • They are still being brought into the home

If you search the forum for "infestation dynamics" it may help explain if the second option is occurring.

To establish if its the first a lot more information is needed such as what they have used to treat and what additional steps have been taken.

You will find a lot of information that helps in the FAQ section.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. fed up

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 14:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for replying back. I believe that the treatment for the chair wasn't that thorough because bbs wasn't found anywhere else except the chair. We saw one nymph. The PCO did not spray that chair on the third treatment but he did sprayed it on the second treatment. I'm not sure about the first treatment. My fiance didn't think it was necessary for it to be sprayed the third time even though I asked him to tell the PCO to spray it. The reason I asked because I received a bite two days after the second treatment sitting in that chair. I searched the chair many times after receiving the bites but found nothing. The inspector himself almost missed it today because when he first looked he did not see anything. I made him take a second look at the chair and that is when he found it.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 14:30:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yeah even with the additional information its still an open race.

Is the chair only used by one person? Or one person more than others? Is the chair the only place that bed bugs have been found in the home?

The significance of these questions will be clearer when you read up on infestation dynamics.

David

5. fed up

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 14:39:32
    #

Login to Send PM

The chair is mainly used by me. Even though my daughter was the one who brought them in because the infestation started in her room. When she left for college the bbs spread. I know it started in her room because before she left for college she kept saying there are bugs in my bed. I asked her do you see any and she said no but she is waking up to bites.

6. fed up

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 14:43:00
    #

Login to Send PM

The whole house has been treated and there was a bad infestation in the couch in the family room. Also the headboard in our room. My daughter's room but they were deemed cleared today. The only problem now is the chair in the family room

7. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 19:12:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Then she brought them to college, most likely. You need to figure out what to do to treat her stuff when she comes home.

8. fed up

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 19:51:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I just talked to my daughter and I asked her have she have been bitten or if she seen any strange bugs and her reply was she said no. She has been in school since October how long would it take to show signs of bbs if she brought them with her?

9. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 20:37:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You would think she would see them by now. That's hard to imagine. She should at least look under her mattress and boxsprings.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me