Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » How bed bugs are changing the world

This Really is a Huge Problem!

(9 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 18:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Why is no one doing anything to get rid of this. I have 2 friends battling, I am battling, 2 workmates are battling, and I had a friend who had them on vacation but managed not to bring them home. This is craziness, we can't all live like in the middle ages! In NYC by the way. This is a problem that nobody wants to talk about but everyone will have. Sorry just venting! Will write my district person right away.

2. Cantfindthem

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 19:36:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in NYC too! I am getting red dots all over my arms but I have yet to find them. I can't sleep, I've moved to my couch (bad move from what I've read), and I am bagging all my clothes.

I am moving soon but I do not want to bring them with me. I am also a grad student, so I have a lot of books and papers that I need to keep. I will put them in tupperware(sp?) but I hope I don't transport them.

3. freaked out in brooklyn

Deleted Account *do not PM*

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 20:23:27
    #

Login to Send PM

In New york also....sadly, i think you are right. Everyone is having a problem.
    Do they have in other countries and just learn to live with them. I am so grossed out and have not been able to sleep.
    Do not want to travel any more..
    People just
    throwing stuff on the street , they are just getting everywhere. I see beds every where every day.
    This site was so helpful. the thing is they are bad , lots somewhere before you know you have them.
    i am scared to go to the movies, subway, car service..To have friends in my apt, i think, should be good, afraid to bring them with me, if i do have them. I have the bb dogs coming Friday to make sure, because they all say it's in my head.
    New york will be so infested before they try to do something. Think by summer when it gets hotter. I think the city will be in a panic. I think, I may have to move to the country. That posting about Limestone seemed like promising help. But who knows , what is safe. This site is so informative...WRITE YOU GOVERNMENT. WRITE OPRHA. We need some help...

4. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 20:55:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Moving to the country won't help. They're here too. I got them last year. Had a bad strain of them too I think. Now with spring here, we also have lots of mosquitoes, biting midges, ticks, oh and lets not forget the black bear that ransacked my neighbors garbage this morning at 6am. We live 1.5-2hrs from NYC, lots of people do commute there. Due to all the other biting insects you cannot tell what is from what. We have burglar alarms, not for the burglars but for a possible bear break ins. Oh, and lets not forget all the wonderful little "antique shops", "second hand stores" and "yard sales" you can shop when you're here! (NOT!) We don't travel, no used furniture. Our belief is that they were brought in by a family member who's boyfriend worked for NY Transit (plumber). Do to all malls/shopping are about a 20 min drive from the house, I constantly take the same route. I see a Sleepys truck on that route at least twice a week. (I only get out about 2-3 times a week anyway...) That family member was found to be infested as well. Point is, doesn't matter where you live anymore. We're all at risk.

5. freaked out in brooklyn

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 21:31:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Tea tree oil helps me feel like I can try to sleep, but hardly...
    Some say it is too strong on the skin, but I have no problem with it. Bought Tea tree everything. I hope God would make some natural scent to repel them.

6. 4everparanoid

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 21:57:42
    #

Login to Send PM

When I had bb about 10 yrs ago, lived with them almost 2 years. In the last 6 months or so, I had success slathering myself with Avon's skin-so-soft (also good for mosquitos!!) It was a little oily and felt gross getting into bed but not as gross as bugs crawling on me felt! Maybe this will help someone.
    -4everparanoid

7. Cantfindthem

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 23:32:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Does Deep Woods Off work at night? I don't even want to go to bed tonight!

8. freaked out in brooklyn

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2008 7:32:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Ahhh, that skin so soft....That is interesting....Might just help...Thanks!

9. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2008 8:06:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if the skin so soft would deter bed bugs, probably not. But we used to use it for the horseflies that go on the horses on the farm that I worked at when I was younger. It did help pretty well, plus smells pretty good. It's oily, but won't dry your skin as tea tree oil would.(thus the name)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19