This is ridiculous.

(14 posts)
  1. AndroidKills

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 19:01:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs are annoying as hell. i had them early this year or maybe december ish i dont know. but i have a feeling i know how i got it. from a friend i shared lockers with in school and he never told me he f'in had bed bugs.
    After getting weird bites on my neck i thought it was mosquitos feasting at night because let me tell you it was like 6 bites. so when i first thought i had bed bugs because a friend told me it could even be bed bugs biting me. i started checking my bed and to be super shocked i saw a bug and i didnt know because i obviosuly have never dealt with bed bugs nor researched about them until now. but when i saw this bug next to my pillow i picked it up and killed it(probably the worst thing i did because i could have saved it for evidence but i didnt know until like now that by having one i can use it as proof)throughout January till like June i've still got bit and also found about 3-6 bed bugs at that time, yes i still killed them when i saw them because of the same reason i stated before, but each time was differently, like once i used a spray directly at it and it didnt die, i was mad. i didnt a lot of cleaning too.
    and from june till september(the summer) i was bite free. i thought i had gotten rid of them. i was so happy i actually didnt even hesitate to sleep or think about them.
    Now from september to NOW i am getting bit again, and i went on a search and im not even finding one anymore or any SIGNS. this is becoming ignorant and annoying. its starting to piss me off. and i do find some black spots but i dont think its the same compared to what i see online so i get second thoughts thinking its not fecal matter( its like a black dot or oval on my bed sheet so i dont really know and other than that i dont see "fecal matter or shells")
    I live in nyc and im 16 and i really cant afford to call in exterminators and also because i have feeeling they wont find anything since i search everywhere,vaccum,even steam the freakin bed area. Arghh so stressful and school is as stressful Jesus.
    can anyone suggest some good repellent or killer or anything to find/kill these bastards.(i know there are like 10000000 threads on whats good to use but the face that there are 100000 i dont know which to choose.)

sorry for making you read this if you didnt want to. i just had to write this, BBs are irritating and ridiculous!

2. AndroidKills

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 19:03:23
    #

Login to Send PM

oh and btw im sorry if like some of the sentences are weird or dont make sense or missing a word or two.
    im like rage writing

3. nycyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 20:39:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I like your tags.

4. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 20:48:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi AndroidKills...

Yeah...bedbugs really suck.

It's horrible that a 16 year old has to be dealing with bbs instead of just studying or hanging out a bit with friends and other stuff 16 year olds do...but listen...where are your parents/guardians? Are they helping you deal with this? Of course a normal 16 year old can't deal with the cost of treatment, but maybe the people who are "responsible" for you can? Do you have any support network?

If you have a parent or two available, can you get them involved? Let us know how you make out. Do you live in a place (like NYC) where landlords are responsible for treating your living space? But maybe you live in a private house? Anyway, get your folks or some responsible adult you know involved in this. You should not have the pressure of dealing with this on your own.

Please keep us posted.

5. AndroidKills

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 21:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

hahah thanks nycyn. ( funny i live in nyc too, if you do because im assuming from "nycyn" 8))
    but deedle bettle i currently live with only 1 parent, in the projects i dont know what housing can do about it, i never asked but i am very curious.Aand its only in my room not even in the bathroom or my parents room. its just my bed or around there.

6. nycyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 21:23:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Well if you live in NYC you need to enroll in the NY'ers thread--which is down there somewhere.

If your parent/guardian is not up to it all you can PM me. But "housing" is absolutely responsible. Call the office. Call 311. And put your building number on bedbugregistry.com

7. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 21:25:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Poor Android!! Deedle is right! You shouldn't have to deal with this by yourself. I'm several decades older than you and I can barely deal with this by myself - it has made me feel very, very alone. I hope there is someone who can help you, in person. For moral support and information, at least there is the forum......

Take care.......Big HUG!

(.....oh - I assumed you were a girl - if you are a guy then very quick not as embarrassing hug..........)

8. The Reluctant Entomologist

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 21:58:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry, Android! You have my sympathy. I'm going to have to call it a night in a sec, but I say read the "Please help" thread that the user who calls herself "Out of Options" started. She's under 18 too and trying to take this on. Some people have given her good advice, and all the empathy I've expressed for her, I want to extend to you, too!

Hang in there!

9. AndroidKills

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 22:36:26
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for the support guys!
    and thats interesting NYCYN. so you're saying i can just report this and hopefully these slackers will try to fix? because my bathroom is actually like starting to decay or whatever the wall chips due to leakage upstairs. they came to check out my house ONCE after the 5-6 complaints. they came over this summer(august) and was like "ok yeah this needs to be fixed". we'll fix it by August 2011 this is off topic but i hope they can frikken try

10. The Reluctant Entomologist

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 10:03:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, Android,

Yes, they are legally responsible to fix violations, including both the insect stuff AND the plumbing stuff you're describing. Just be forewarned, though, that bedbugs are a total pain in the you-know-what because usually the professionals won't treat (b/c the treatment would be pointless against these strong, evil creatures) until you've performed a lot of really labor-intense preparation work, including putting all of your cloth stuff through the dryer and keeping it knotted up in plastic bags, etc.

That's yet another reason we all need a support network -- and why this is a lot for a young person like yourself to have to deal with. (I'm several decades older than you too and haven't exactly had an easy life, but this took the cake). Hang in there, you!

Reluctant E.

11. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 10:42:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry that you're having to deal with this. Nobody should have to go through this, no less a sixteen year old!

Do as the others suggested. Call 311. In the meantime, I would start eliminating clutter so that they have less places to hide.

Come to the forum as often as you like to vent vent vent! :-). Good therapy and everyone here understands what you're going through. There's also a ton of great information that other members post here that can help you.

Make sure this doesn't consume you and go out and hang with your friends like a 16 yr old should.

Hang in there!

12. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 12:13:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Again Android...

I don't know whether your housing complex has a rental office. i'm sure it does. You should walk over there and make a formal request for extermination of your rental unit for bbs. Also make a complete list of everything else in your apartment (don't forget to include the apartment number) that needs fixing and have your parent sign it so that when you go to the office, they will receive it. Date the letter that contains the list of stuff you need done.

Since you're probably not on the lease as the contracting tenant they may not respect what you say..so take something in writing from your parent. Keep a copy for yourself and note the date and time you delivered it and the name of the person you delivered it to. Be sure to get a date for when they will come and treat your apartment and then before that date do all the preparation work that has to be done.

Look at the FAQ for that information. Encourage your parent and any other folks living with you that now is the time to purge unwanted possessions, old clothing that doesn't (and will never again) fit...stuff like that. Old magazines, newpapers, stuffed animals and things that you really don't need should be tossed. Be careful that you bag up everything in plastic and put some big paper with a note inside that says something like "BEDBUGS - DO NOT OPEN" so that people don't come along and want to use the stuff you've tossed. If many are not english speaking, draw a big ugly bug on the paper with (DO NOT OPEN) and everyone will understand that!

By the way, it would be a good idea to send a copy of your repair and bb treatment request by mail to the office where you hand deliver it. Send it by certified mail so you have a receipt of when they receive it. This is just in case they try to say that they never receievd the one you hand delivered.

You can help your parent deal with this.

If the buildling can not treat your apartment within, say, 5 days, then you'll call 311 (or call again) to report that no progress has been made.

That's a good place to start.

13. anothervictim

Banned

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Dec 18 2012 5:12:20
    #

Login to Send PM

You better be extremely careful, because if u live with a parent or guardian, and you brought them home from highschool, your whole apartment is going to be contaminated..

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Dec 18 2012 8:58:47
    #

Login to Send PM

anothervictim - 3 hours ago  » 
    You better be extremely careful, because if u live with a parent or guardian, and you brought them home from highschool, your whole apartment is going to be contaminated..

Another victim,

Have you looked at the time stamps on these threads you are reviving? This one's two years old. Please stop reviving outdated threads with no good reason. The OP is unlikely to be around to see your response and no one else is likely to benefit.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123