Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Thinking of getting a K9 inspection

(7 posts)
  1. PSIwind

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 12:53:56
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm thinking of getting a K9 inspection to once and for all get piece of mind knowing they aren't anywhere else in the house. I have two options. There's a NESDCA certified dog and pest company and then there's a Bill Whitstine trained dog and company that does almost all of Florida called Bed Bug Pros of Florida but the dog is not NESDCA certified as Whitstine says that this was made after Pepe/University of Florida stole his whole thing so to speak and has bad blood with NESDCA so they aren't certified. Both cost the same and both visually inspect areas the best they can if they get an alert. Now, from what I read, Whitstine is a trustworthy trainer, handler, and technically certifier as he was the one who started this. So, would it be safe to go with either company?

2. PSIwind

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 15:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I should also add that the first company is much more local and has had the dog for at least 2 years from what I can tell and very recently recertified her through NESDCA

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 15:57:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Where are you in Florida?

4. PSIwind

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 16:08:01
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Where are you in Florida?

In Venice, so Sarasota county. The other company is named Ace Pest Management. I never had my whole house treated on both accounts but no fecal signs have been found around the general vicinity of my parents bed frame legs and near the headboard and bed skirt is in pristine condition and no fecal near my computer desk or casts and no fecal or casts near or around or behind the couch. We have a LOT of daddy long legs and potential real spiders and ants around the house though and nothing in my Lightsout interceptors for a month. I just want verification l.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 17:29:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Ask them if they inspect the areas when a dog alerts. You'd be surprised that some just take the word of the dog.
    If you were closer I'd recommend the company that I use but I don't think they go below Sarasota.

6. PSIwind

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 18:03:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Ask them if they inspect the areas when a dog alerts. You'd be surprised that some just take the word of the dog.
    If you were closer I'd recommend the company that I use but I don't think they go below Sarasota.

Yeah, the closer company to me inspects it when the dog alerts. Here's what the site says:

Sadie uses her keen sense of smell to detect the odor of live bed bugs and viable bug eggs. Sadie is trained on food, so when she alerts, she is rewarded with food from her handler. The areas Sadie alerts on are then documented and inspected further to confirm the presence of bed bugs. At the end of the inspection, the customer is provided with a report of our findings along with the necessary treatment options.

I'd assume with everything like no signs anywhere else in the house that I can see, no one having seen any on the couch (my parents are there a lot but not when they go to sleep and when they are out there, I'm in my room near the end of the day), no bite marks, and nothing in interceptors for 1 full month that I should be in the clear.

7. PSIwind

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 18:31:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, while I'm at it, what is the company you use? Sarasota isn't very far from where I am. I'm in that county anyways, so they may do it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto