Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Think I just found bedbug feces under my mattress, please help!!

(4 posts)
  1. Jrez

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Sep 2 2019 17:11:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a metal bunk bed both have mattress covers. I been waking up with bites the last few weeks. Friday I woke up with 4 bites, 3 of them in a triangle like pattern. My girlfriend stayed a few nights with me and she woke with a rash on her right ankle, right upper thigh and under her right breast.

Today I decided to lift my mattress sideways to look at it and discovered it was a hole in my mattress cover. A few holes under my mattress covers. I also noticed what appeared to be bedbug feces under the mattress. I decided to put tape on the holes. Not sure if that will stop the problem if it is bedbugs. If the tape doesn’t stop them then what should I do? Here is a pic

https://postimg.cc/N9bY0x2y

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 0:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely not bed bug feces, the consistency is very different.

3. Jrez

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 7:11:36
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 6 hours ago  » 
    Definitely not bed bug feces, the consistency is very different.

What you mean? Isn’t bed bug feces a bunch of black spots like I posted in the picture? Can you elaborate more? The picture I took is the underside of my mattress

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 7:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

No bleeding in fabric, not the right color, not the right consistency, wrong place because no concentration to a harbourage/hiding place.

Please compare with pictures of feces on fabrics/sheets. Not every bunch of black spots are bed bug feces even on the underside of a matress.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,272 posts in 50,154 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl