Think I am starting all over again

(6 posts)
  1. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Dec 19 2009 6:47:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story, was infested in old apartment. Moved in the Spring. Had vikane treatment, had a dog inspect new apt before moving fumigated stuff in. Think the 1st dog inspection was wrong. I always felt I was being bit even before my fumigated items were brought in. Everyone said I was crazy, went to a shrink because I am crazy. I self treated like crazy for the first couple of months. Never saw a bug.
    Tried to recoup financially, then had a dog inspection. 2 hits. I still didn't believe the dog. Thought, I am just crazy have never seen a bug here. Had another inspector w/o the dog - he said no bugs!! I was thrilled and stopped treating. (Had stopped treating for about a month before both inspections).

Now I have blood stains on my sheets. I guess I either re-infected myself (the answer the vikane company wants to believe) or the vikane didn't work, or I moved from a place with bugs to a place with bugs.

I have a few months left on this lease and a little credit left. Thinking of changing jobs (not easy in this economy) and moving again!

Just too exhausted to think about how to move again without failing. As for notifying this building - I will once I get stronger, right now I just have to try to save myself.

Although don't really know who to believe anymore - I am open to suggestions.

2. bitten123

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Dec 22 2009 18:37:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my, I am so sorry. I don't have any answers, but a question for you. You say blood on the sheets, do they look like blood from a scratch? Or are they black like digested blood?

Perhaps all the chemicals are making your skin reaact. I know that in my own case, I had extra treatments done because of "bites" but in actuality I think my one daughter was reacting to the chemicals. She would itch, then blood stains on her sheets and I owuld freak. Techs never could find any....

I know that several here have ahd unsuccesful Vikane treatments. Again it is possible that your apt was infected before you came. Third scenario is you don't have them. I wish that there was a positive way for you to know, it is completely mind numbing to worry all the time.

You have my hugs .....I am sorry for your stress. I hope you can find some resolution soon.

3. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Dec 22 2009 20:13:06
    #

Login to Send PM

You are not the first person on this board to state that they would be moving again. It sometimes takes more than one try to "get it right".

All three scenarios are possible, but obviously - if you've ever taken a probabilities course (unfortunately I have), then you need to go through the whole de-tox again.

I keep repeating myself: trust your instincts. What do they tell you happened?

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Dec 23 2009 1:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Help,

Don't be like the rest!!! Blood is not evidence. Come look at my pillow case if you will. I have a blood stain on it ... am I infested?

5. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Aug 18 2010 10:45:55
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ -

I am bumping this -

I am glad to hear you say that - I had a tiny stain on my pillowcase that 1. I could not remove with hydrogen peroxide or spit (my mothers old remedy) 2. Had no corresponding bite - do pimples count? and 3. Had no other evidence - and not for lack of looking. I am getting big muscles from moving the mattress and box all the time. And good eyesight from checking every inch of the frame and protectors and close up inspection of my rug!

Glad to hear I should not over react - or should I say my husband will be glad to hear it.

6. motoxman

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Aug 18 2010 14:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the same boat, blood , bites no bugs. Cannot figure out what is going on.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula