Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Think couch is infested and very worried about rest of house

(3 posts)
  1. Curious

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 20:40:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

We recently had a friend that stayed on our couch for about a month. He informed us that he thought the couch was infested with bedbugs because of all the itchy bites he had on his arms and legs that a coworker told him were bedbug bites. I myself hardly ever use the couch, maybe 5 or 6 times in the past 5 months and never for more than a few hours. I have never seen a bedbug, feces or casts but the couch is a dark color and don't know that I would see them anyway. I am terrified to go inspect thoroughly. How likely is it that the rest of the house is infested if the couch is? I've only been here 5 months, my mattress is the same age and I haven't seen any proof of bedbugs. I do have a lot of pimple like bumps on my back that don't itch and aren't bleeding and are only red when I touch/rub/pick at them. I only noticed them when I was scratching my lower back and just assumed they were pimples but now I am freaking out. I have inspected my mattress and don't see anything.

I don't know what to do. I guess the first step would be to get some evidence and verify it with a PCO and then move on from there? I am a student and have no extra money for this sort of thing so I am terrified that even if we do have a problem I won't be able to afford to fix it? Any advice?

2. aaghbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 19 2008 1:51:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm new to bedbugs myself, but I don't react at all. I just have little tiny red holes. The person who infected me just has bites that look like small pimples, although some itch. She had them for a while before she figured out what they are. I wouldn't wait and hope they aren't there because they longer you wait the harder they are to get rid of.

3. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 19 2008 11:24:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Curious - 1 week ago  » 
    *snip* I have inspected my mattress and don't see anything.
    I don't know what to do. I guess the first step would be to get some evidence and verify it with a PCO and then move on from there? I am a student and have no extra money for this sort of thing so I am terrified that even if we do have a problem I won't be able to afford to fix it? Any advice?

Contact a professional and have them inspect.

Best of luck!
    Tony Canevaro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah