(7 posts)
  1. theyrback

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 23 2013 22:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    In July I started getting bites, just a few and within about a week or two escalated quickly. I searched the mattress and box spring in a panic and sure enough bed bugs. I quickly organize for a Pest Control (Addison in Toronto) and he said that we caught it very quickly and the only signs were in the bed frame and it looked to be only a couple of weeks. After 1 spray there was a significant decrease in bites right away until they stopped fully. I found one more bug within about two weeks of the spray and I was so paranoid that he agreed to come out and spray the whole house again.

Since the pesticide was supposed to last about 2-3 months. After 2 months I put down Chemfree Insectigone Crawling Insect powder. I spread the powder all along the baseboards behind the bed, and all around each of the bedframe legs.

We have been bite free for 6 months and this week I had two small itchy spots - I tend to react right away so that night I tore apart the bed again and found one small bug dead on the floor at the end of the bed.

I know I vacuumed the whole floor under the bedframe before putting down the powder. We even took apart the frame and made sure everything was clear - then put the insectigone powder. And I've added powder ongoing on our monthly checks.

Could 1 bug really be just 1 bug? Or am I kidding myself.
    Also, is this likely coming from a neighboring house? We are attached on both sides.
    Unfortunately there isn't really an opportunity to talk to our neighbors about this. They don't really speak english and based on past interactions they would most likely not do anything.

Help please! Any advice you can give would be great.

We are planning to start taking off baseboards this weekend to see if we can get some clue about the source. Any other ideas?

Thank you!

2. triceratops

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 23 2013 23:19:29
    #

Login to Send PM

if you find anymore collect them.in a ziplock baggie and bring them to your neighbors. i did that to mine and they automatically knew that they were bugs without me actually saying "bedbugs" i asked of they had them and they said yes.
    i had also used double sided tape along my walls incase any wanted to climb. it would catch them.

3. suomi

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2013 7:39:04
    #

Login to Send PM

if your neighbours speak chinese, maybe i can help you to type out a small note?

4. Beyond Bed Bugs

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2013 14:27:50
    #

Login to Send PM

You can utilize early detection monitoring devices as well as K-9 Scent Detection, which, if available, will be able to pinpoint the exact location of the infestation so you can treat accordingly.

5. theyrback

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2013 22:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much!!! What are the options for early detection devices? I am not aware of those. Any ideas would be welcome!! I've read mixed reviews about K9 detection in Toronto. But I'm open to all options considering!!

My neighbors speak Portuguese. I've noticed that they have not been open at all to spending any money to better their place (ie. won't fix their downspouts even when the water is leaking into their place!). So I'm doubtful they would pay for a spray..however, at this point I think I would be willing to just foot the bill. sigh.

I have kept the one bug so I will put it in a ziplock.

Since this is my 2nd time with bedbugs now I'm much calmer for sure. But there's part of me that's ready to just sell and move. And I know that's just crazy! Any reassurance from those who have had success getting rid of them for good would be super helpful! After 6 months of nothing and seeing them back again...I'm losing the belief that it's even possible.

6. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2013 22:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

theyrback - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you so much!!! What are the options for early detection devices? I am not aware of those. Any ideas would be welcome!! I've read mixed reviews about K9 detection in Toronto. But I'm open to all options considering!!
    My neighbors speak Portuguese. I've noticed that they have not been open at all to spending any money to better their place (ie. won't fix their downspouts even when the water is leaking into their place!). So I'm doubtful they would pay for a spray..however, at this point I think I would be willing to just foot the bill. sigh.
    I have kept the one bug so I will put it in a ziplock.

if you ever find a reputable K9 company in Toronto please tell me. I have read mixed reviews as well and i dont know anyone else that has ever had bedbugs
    Since this is my 2nd time with bedbugs now I'm much calmer for sure. But there's part of me that's ready to just sell and move. And I know that's just crazy! Any reassurance from those who have had success getting rid of them for good would be super helpful! After 6 months of nothing and seeing them back again...I'm losing the belief that it's even possible.

7. suomi

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2013 5:10:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a passive monitor? I am using them now. It is simple to use!

When you tear apart your frames,baseboard and other parts of your house etc , remember to check for signs like stains, eggs,cast skins and bugs.

Have you considered the possibility of your neighbours having an infestation? If they do have an infestation, then just paying for the next PCO visit is not going to be so effective in solving the root of the problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs