1. bobabola

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 2 2018 16:43:34
    #

Login to Send PM

https://imgur.com/GlMcPCi
    https://imgur.com/xEKzpq5

have been getting bites for the past month and blew it off as mosquito bites but finally realized something was wrong with how frequent it was. last night i caught a bug in my bed, smashed it and it popped like a water balloon. got freaked out and convinced it was a bed bug since i've never seen anything like it before, then i saw another baby bug in my bed that night and the one on the wall in the first photo.

today i flipped my apartment upside down, i cant find anything around my mattress or my wooden ikea bed frame, but i found a few burrowed into the seams of my old office chair that's been sitting in a corner of my apartment as i've been too lazy to throw it out. where do i go from here? i wrapped the chair in plastic wrap and threw it away today, as of now and i cant find any other markers or possible groupings where they could be living

2. SalsaVince

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 2 2018 17:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep, those are bed bugs. I'm sorry you've joined the club. As you will start learning, they are a true pest and require a lot of effort and an assortment of methods to protect yourself from them and eliminate them, but it can be done. I would recommend that you begin educating yourself by reading the FAQ's on this site as well as many other informative sites on the web. If you can catch them early, you stand a chance to fight them on your own but if they've already been established for at least a month or two, you are probably better off getting some professional help or you could end up making it worse trying to do it yourself. If you live in an apartment, you need to reach out to the property manager as soon as possible. The sooner you can have a pro inspect your place, the sooner you can begin getting rid of them.

PS - It would be good to attach a note to that chair in the garbage that says, "BED BUGS!" or if you want to be more discreet, "NOT SAFE FOR USE" so someone doesn't think about bringing it into their home.

Tell me a success story, please!
    Vince
  3. dude

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 3 2018 1:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

just out of curiosity, could you post up pics of some of your bites. just want to see if images from internet match up with real life people

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH