Thermalstrike Expedition?

(10 posts)
  1. owen61

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 4 2011 17:38:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm perhaps a bit paranoid about getting bed bugs in my NYC apartment, and wanted to get a Packtite to bake my stuff from time to time. When searching Amazon for it, I saw the Thermalstike Expedition, which is a bit more affordable (being a student, that's kinda important to me) but seems like a newer (and less reviewed) product.

So I figured it was worth seeing if anyone on here has had any experience with it, and whether it is equivalent to a Packtite or not.

2. ThermStrk

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 17:10:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Owen,

I haven't posted to this forum before, but it seems like a worthwhile time to come out of my shell. The product has been on the market since February 2011 with the first product being the smaller unit (Commuter). We've continued to improve the product and today's system is more effective, better manufactured, and easier to set up / disassemble.

Here's a statistic - "one’s economic status makes a difference: twice as many people who produced less than $50,000 a year had bed bugs, compared with those with a higher income." We're trying to make a product as cost effective as possible to help these people out.

This weekend is the big bed bug show in Chicago where a number of the forum contributors will have a chance to take a look at the product. I'll have temperature probes available and look forward to showing it off. In the meantime, if you contact me directly through our website we'll figure out how to get you an Expedition to review for yourself.

Mike

3. btaggart

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 20:12:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Personally i think this product is a good tool in the bedbug toolbox. I recommend this to my clients.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 20:23:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Mike,

Question? Am I still gagged about discussing my test results?

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 22:56:39
    #

Login to Send PM

ThermStrk - 5 hours ago  » 
    In the meantime, if you contact me directly through our website we'll figure out how to get you an Expedition to review for yourself.

Hi ThermStrk,

Welcome to the forums.

If you are giving away free products for people to review, they should be aware that FTC regulations require consumers to declare that they received the product in this way in their reviews.

However, I think most people will find test results from independent entomologists to be more convincing -- they are able to put products to the test more rigorously.

Since you're new, please also read the Terms and Conditions of site use and the special rules which apply to bed bug pros and product suppliers posting in the forums.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. funktastic7

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 11 2011 0:18:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Any updates or reviews on this product from anyone in this forum?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 11 2011 1:25:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Not that I am aware of.

8. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 11 2011 6:02:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I purchased one that just arrived yesterday. It doesn't look that substantial, but if it works, that's all we can ask for because the concept of it is quite simple. I'm running it right now, but I didn't buy a remote thermometer so I'll have to report back on the temps it reaches some other time.

9. Tim 212

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 18:13:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there!

we re looking @ this product also.. HOw did thing work out with it?

Thanx!

10. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 18:49:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I used this product (great customer service) and ended up buying a packtite this fall. This is one type of heat and the packtite is another. You use this with a contractors bag or a Ziploc.

I'm not very handy, and I wanted it for shoes, purses, etc. as well as luggage. It may work very well for people with a contractor bag, but I found that I wanted to put things in a Ziploc and you have to keep that ziploc closed in the Thermalstrike vs. open in a packtite (it's a box vs. the packtite). My shoes were wet when I used it in this manner. In all fairness, I had contacted the company about other things and decided to just bite the bullet and get a packtite. That was my preference and I'm not very scientificly minded, so I can't really tell you if it worked or not. There are very favorable reviews on Amazon.

You can google the owner's name and the company and it's been well received by the press. There are demonstrations.

For me, I just went with the product that's been around longer, but I am EXTREMELY conservative. (except for politics and a few other things :)).

TAOT

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69