Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Thermal remediation worked

(4 posts)
  1. neverthoughtitwouldhappen

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 9 2011 17:32:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to share my horrible experience with bed bugs and my savior Jeff Klein and AAA Superior.
    The nightmare started on the third night of my return from one of the most expensive and upscale hotels in Europe(a gift trip). I went to bed at 10pm and woke up suddenly at 11pm wherein I found a bug on my hand -squashed it and looked on line to identify it and to my utmost horror realized it was a bedbug -which had been feeding on me. Needless to say I did not go back to bed. The following day after reading every online article, I hired a independent bedbug canine inspector (they do not do any type of treatment and in fact would not recommend any company as they want to be completely independent)who came to my home the next day and, of course, the dog alerted on the bottom of my side of the bed!
    This was a Friday night so I didn't think much could be done over a weekend. Thankfully, I was wrong! I called a few exterminators on Saturday morning , all but one went into voice mail -that was AAA Superior who assured me that an expert would call me back within the hour. Twenty minutes later Jeff Klein called and spend over an hour with me (Saturday morning)on the phone talking me down from the ledge. I mean this guy should get a degree in psychotherapy.
    Anyway, he directed me to take certain steps that day to protect me and my family. Most important he began to tell me about how we should treat my home. The most amazing thing about the conversation was that I had to bring up Thermal Remediation -to which he immediately replied was expensive (which it is). He was trying to save me money!!!
    I knew right then that I could trust him and he came within three days to do an inspection and for no extra cost inspected my neighbors home (we have adjacent walls). At my insistence, a thermal treatment was set up. This only took a week to schedule.
    Jeff provided me with all the prep work info I needed. On the morning of the treatment, two of the workers arrived before schedule! I wasn't even late for work or getting my child to school. Later that day they called-had completed the job. Now don't get me wrong -the place got a little turned upside down (but nothing broken) but I was told to expect it -so no surprises. In addition, a nosy neighbor was snooping around outside the house and the team told them I was cleaning my rugs -got to love them!
    There was residual dirt left on my carpet, to which Jeff immediately stated he would pay for the cleaning. He didn't need to because two of his workers, on a Saturday night, came to my home and cleaned it up themselves. Again, no extra cost.
    The following Monday, I received a call to schedule a follow up canine inspection (no extra cost), which was today!!!! And I am bedbug free!!!! Again, he even inspected my neighbors with the dog-no extra cost.
    I would normally not even take to a blog to write but Jeff Klein and his team were amazing, responsive, trustworthy and no hidden fees!! He always took my calls, even when I was in a panic. In fact most of my calls with him were weekends and weeknights when most companies would just send you into voice mail.
    He is very knowledgeable and really can put you at ease - and during a bed bug infestation peace of mind is worth millions, heck in this day billions!

So for anyone in the NY, NJ, PA area -if you have bedbugs or think you do - call these guys!!!

2. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 9 2011 20:31:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It is so strange that you post this right now, as I have just had my house done by him yesterday and in fact came here to look for feedback from other customers on their thermal. Am incredibly apprehensive and scared right now, so worried it wasn't 100% and I won't know until it's too late because the problem is too remote (in walls or ceiling) to be able to detect.

I really liked how they worked. They seemed, from someone with no previous experience with this sort of process, to really know what they were doing. It was almost like watching the setting-up of a concert or something with all the wires and computers and monitors. The fact that they track the information in such a high-tech way was comforting and also noticed there was always someone going into or out of the house to move stuff around, adjust the heaters, etc. to ensure thorough distribution.

It looked like a hurricane had hit or like I had been robbed but I didn't mind so long as it meant they were doing it right. I was just uneasy about them opening bags that I forgot I had stored in bins and laying everything out in the room to be heated. Would have just felt better very carefully doing these in the dryer, washer, and dryer and THEN being dumped out. This coming from the same person who had washed in scalding hot water every battery and aerosol can etc that had to be removed before treatment before removing.

I could turn this into my post about my experience but will make that a separate one.

Am really glad to hear you were happy with their services though. Quick question, what sort of dwelling do you reside in? I live in a row home and both neighbours were inspected beforehand, again at no charge. This makes sense because you figure if they are trekking out with all their gear and equipment (and it sure is a lot) and setting up camp for the day at your house, they want to know it's not going to be all in vain just to have all their hard efforts quickly washed out by an infested neighbour. However, seeing is believing with my house and I still really worry how well the heat penetrated in the deepest voids.

Thank you so much for sharing this the same night that my mind is totally zooming all over and I shake with nerves.

3. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 9 2011 21:06:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm glad treatment went well. Keep us posted.

4. neverthoughtitwouldhappen

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 9 2011 23:56:25
    #

Login to Send PM

The one great thing about Jeff is he isn't going away until the bugs are gone. So if he has to reheat he will - though as we both know - it's a pain. To answer your question I live in a two family house. And take heart - this will pass and at least we are now educated in how to take preventive action in the future. Good luck I know it will be fine.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19