1. 1231

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 10:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone learned more about the cost? I have a call into this company:
    http://bedbugsite.com/index.html

I think if it's $1000 or less, I am going to go for it. Does anyone have experience with this method? In the mean time, I am having my PCO come back tomorrow. I received my box spring covers, so time to strip my beds for the 3rd time this week.

These things are really doing a number on my head. I feel I like I can't get on with life until they are gone. And this should be a very exciting time for me, in my first home. So not the case

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 19:57:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I think the cost will vary based on the size of your home. (Since I don't know offhand of anyone whose had it in NYC yet, I'd be interested in the ballpark costs for a NYC apartment.)

If you are in a multi-unit, talk to them about their guarantee and how to avoid them coming from other units.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. 1231

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 19:59:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I am appoximately a 1300 sq ft. single family home with a basement and an attic.

4. quentin

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 20:24:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Man, I don't know if it'll help or not, but I just tell myself that they're basically fleas that are hard to get rid of. Right? I mean, no diseases, no real physical injury.... they're just fleas that are harder to get rid of. And who's scared of fleas?

They won't *hurt* you; they're just annoying as hell, is all.

(Not trying to talk down to you, but this is what helps me get through the night, personally. Well, that and a six-pack of Sam Adams. )

Seriously, best of luck to you. The family and I are moving into our first home this week, and while I wait for my PCO to show I get to sleep here, alone, in our old apartment with all our non-treated stuff hoping that the PCO can get rid of them so we can actually move on with our lives.

I'll send any good karma I've got racked up over your way. The beer can't be shipped by USPS, unfortunately.

Peace.

5. eatingmealive

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 20:40:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I am working on speaking with someone currently.

You need to consider the following things:

Size of the home
    Ability of the provider to get the equipment close to the home
    The set up of the open (open floor plan vs. multiple small rooms

No two quotes are the same.

We are going to be speaking with them about treating our unit with access to the unit directly below us to make sure that we are able to fully penetrate the floor. If this works we are going to consider going ahead and having PCO come in and work with some residual treatment post thermal.

6. 1231

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 10:13:42
    #

Login to Send PM

So I just booked my treatment for Wednesday. He said he has had 100% success in single family homes. The cost is $3000. They will also inspect our cars and treat if needed for that fee. I am working with my attorney to see if the seller will pay the cost, but if not, I am doing it anyway. I figure the price is worth my sanity.

7. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 12:13:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a good deal to me. Some have spent far more than that trying to eradicate these things.

Jim

8. BakedBedBugs

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 13:15:08
    #

Login to Send PM

That price is right in line with where I would expect it to be. Higher than I am, but I am too cheap and working on fixing that.

Best of luck,
    Tony Canevaro

9. bugbattler

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 13:50:46
    #

Login to Send PM

BakedBedBugs - 34 minutes ago  » 
    That price is right in line with where I would expect it to be. Higher than I am, but I am too cheap and working on fixing that.
    Best of luck,
    Tony Canevaro

Hey Tony! Before you fix that, how'd you like take a little trip to Chicago? The weather's lovely this time of year 8^) lol

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah