thanks to all the people that help us!

(9 posts)
  1. Ohdearno

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 9 2014 16:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

At this time, I feel I have came to the end of my journey with bedbugs. I may be premature, but time will tell! I want to thank all of you that contribute to this site. Even though when we find this site, we are in a place that we have to deal with something we are not educated about. We are sleep deprived, paniced, and in general - falling apart. We read, and then read some more and get moral support from people in our same shoes. Nobugs, thank you for making this possible! Paul, David, Killer, Lou, and I can't remember everyone, but thanks to all of you. Abs, your humor makes all this more tolerable. One night I read the whole bosnia fungi thread. It was actually more educational than I expected! Hope all of you feel that you receive special blessings that you would come here daily to do all that you do for people who are basically desperate. We all tend to want quick fixes, but this is simply not a quick fix issue. In my thanks to you all, I am humbled. I don't feel that is enough for all of your guidance and support. And I would like to add that my family and friends have also been here for me also. btw, I actually enjoy the banter that sometimes happens on this forum. We all learn from it!

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 9 2014 17:02:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear odearno,

Thanks for taking the time to post above.

Speaking solely for myself, it's nice to be appreciated and notes such as yours help me to run faster and jump higher but I'd likely work to help folks anyway as this is how my Mom raised me and it simply seems like the right thing to do if I have the time to do so.

Thanks again and best wishes for finally being totally over your bed bug situation issues ! ! !

paul b.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 9 2014 17:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Abs is very funny, sincere and empathetic.

I agree that I learn a lot from some of the banter and even some of the "heated discussions", although I weed through the heated part to get to the section which is "learning".

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. Ohdearno

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 9 2014 17:41:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to you also, TAOT, the people that have made it thru this! Do you feel like now that you have gained the insight, that it is a part of your life that you need to somehow help others, even if it just a kind word of encouragement? Unless someone experiences this, they have no clue how it feels to the person who is faced with it. You feel you are on an island with no life jacket at times. Itorturebugs is another person who has the ability to lead us to the text we need. It took a while for me to learn how to find the stuff I needed. I just click a lot, then get lost reading what I found! I feel in ways, I did find friends in all of this. I don't think I will ever travel without being cautious! wished we had a like button!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 3:57:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Ohdearno,
    Thanks so much for writing that. I am so glad we were here when you needed us.

And that your bed bugs have vamoosed. Yay! I am so glad you're feeling your bed bug journey is near its end.

I have a favor to ask: would you please post a brief recap of your problem and what you did to get rid of it, so I can move this to the "success stories" area?

Or, if you prefer, feel free to post a success story in a new thread if you prefer. It doesn't have to be long, but newbites get so much from seeing them. Thanks in advance!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 11:38:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Ohdearno,

Ohdearno - 18 hours ago  » 
    At this time, I feel I have came to the end of my journey with bedbugs.

Yay You! Yay You! Yaaaaay YOU!!! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you regarding the experts. I am continuously astounded by the experts that participate on this forum . . . their knowledge, their expertise, and their willingness to share all of that . . . plus the amount of time they spend doing so!!!

Here's what I do to help: Every time I see a new "ID" thread, I always say a little prayer before I click on it: "Please don't be a bed bug, please don't be a bed bug, PLEASE don't be a bed bug!!!" . . . And sometimes, it actually works! (I know that sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not . . . I really do that every single time!)

Did I mention . . . I'm so happy for you! Yay YOU!!

7. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 12:18:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear abs,

Is that kinda-sorta the same as in the Wizard of Oz when the Lion says:

"I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do . . . " ???

Just askin . . .

pjb

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 12:39:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Ohdearno,

Thanks for the kind words.

Its always good to see a conclusion to a case and if nothing else it helps others see there is an end to an issue that may at times appear endless.

Its one of the driving forces that keeps me involved with the forum, that and the fact that after years of subtle actions I no longer have a need to hang out near the street corner making sure the kids behave, the current generation of teenagers are already trained on keeping the next generation on the right path.

Looking forward to seeing your story in the calendar.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  9. Ohdearno

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 13:52:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what would have happened if it were not for the fact I found this site! Then realizing that you all do this on a volunteer basis was very impressive. I am very thankful for all the players involved in keeping this site alive and well. So, Nobugs, I will try to share a rundown of my experience. I moved into a mobile home that I had purchased for rental income. The renting thing didn't go well, so after last eviction, I moved into the house. Thankfully, I had only moved some of my furniture in and was sleeping on couch waiting for new mattress and box springs to be delivered. Those items were met at the door and encased. A bed bug came marching across the couch. I have stored it in an outside bldg and have continued to treat it, even though I am going to destroy it. I started my internet search and first chose to go with the study done by professors at Univerysity of Kentucky. I live about 10 miles from the university (go Cats). I bought a steamer (it's not the right kind), it's a little hand held shark, vac'd and de'd. However, I couldn't stop myself from steaming and would get the de moist and have to replace. I think I was able to learn how to use the de properly. It took me a while to do that! also, there is a lot of bad info about a lot of this stuff on the net. so, regardless of what you read and try, please know the outcome you are looking for and try to find the best info you can. Some folks want to push things that may not be in your best interest. After I found this site, I really read everything! I have done things wrong and had to back track. The fact that the pros here will discredit some of the "snake oil" type fixes, makes me very happy. At Christmas my best friend and I went to Gatlinburg, Tn and stayed in a villa there and it was the moment in time I needed to forge on. I came home and decided to go the chemical route so I could get back to living a normal life. I have had 3 treatments and have not seen a bug or cast skin or fecael stain in over a month (am afraid to type this right now). I still put my clothes in the dryer while I shower before I leave the house each day! I know those habits will stop somewhere along the line! I have a grand baby that will be a year old next month and it has been hard to have to go thru all this stuff to make sure I don't spread them to my daughters house. she rocks my world and I love every minute I spend with her! both, daughter and grandbaby! I do interior design and love Habitat for Humanity and junk stores! In this area, they have some of the most beautiful mantels and furniture from the old farms houses and now will have to rethink that whole part of my world. As I am taking baby steps back into the real world, I will be very cautious of what I bring home. I feel I found the world of experts I needed here. I thank all of you for the input. I know you are not getting a paycheck for this. My concept of life is that we are suppose to give back to the world the good that we receive. I hope I can give to others for what I have received here. I felt that way about Hospice and did volunteer work for them after my father passed away. So, maybe a nursing home or something of that sort will be where I end up giving back. so, this is my success story. It is not easy, there are no quick fixes, you mess up, you fix, you go on. Keep your eye on the bugs activity, seek their hiding place and destroy. The fact that you won't see anything for a month, then one appears is very hard to handle, but if you see one, there's more. keep on going! I will always have de around the house. It is my insurance policy!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714