Terrible bites on my face and itching, but can't find bed bugs

(3 posts)
  1. contepomi

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 22 2013 12:23:22
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a fairly long story, but I'll try and cut it down to just the key points

Back in 2011 I moved to Marseille to work, and around November time I started having weird bite like marks on my face. I sprayed for bugs but didn't manage to do anything. When I went home for Christmas, I noticed that the marks on my face went away, and by the time I flew back out to Marseille in the New Year, my face was totally clear. That night, I went to sleep and when I woke up, I had marks on my face again. Started to think it was obviously bed bugs.

I couldn't get rid of them, and it was especially complicated seeing as my landlord lived in Paris. So...anyway, I started sleeping with plasters over my face, and that seemed to stop me from getting bitten (the marks cleared up), but the problem was, I still couldn't find any bugs.

I ended up in hospital (unrelated) and noticed that the bites on my face totally cleared up when I was there, but when I went home (back to Glasgow now) I woke up the next morning with my face covered in bites - I assumed my brother had brought them back with him after he visited me in Marseille.

Since then (this was in May last year) I've had problems on and off with bites and marks on my face, and I found a lot of blood on my sheets last autumn which prompted me to get a new bed (with a metal frame, which was easier to protect). It went away for a while, but soon came back, and this pattern has continued, although for the most part the periods where I don't have any marks on my face have been relatively short.

The thing is, as was the case with Marseille, I still haven't really been able to find any bugs. I woke up with what looked like one next to me in bed, and I killed it, but other than that I haven't been able to find any, despite searching every day and constantly being aware of it. As a result I've started to wonder if it could be something else, such as scabies - if it was bed bugs, wouldn't I have found them by now?

Anyway, if anyone has any possible explanations for what's been going on, please help, as I feel I'm going a bit insane. Hopefully I haven't left anything important out.

2. contepomi

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 22 2013 12:27:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah, I should point out that I have a passive detector on the underside of my bed, but there are no marks whatsoever on it.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 22 2013 15:30:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Well I can assure you its not typical for scabies (which are most common in the finger webbing, the groin, the armpits and sometimes in one variety around the mouth).

If you Passive has been installed for some time the changes are extremely low that its bedbugs and from the pattern I would suggest that you consider the following:

• Medical allergy
    • Dust mite allergy
    • Allergy to a product used on your face

Its certainly not typical of bedbugs.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor.

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82