Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Terminex sprayed once...still seeing bugs

(5 posts)
  1. Terrifiedfighter

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 16 2016 1:10:02
    #

Login to Send PM

They have only sprayed once. They said they will come once a month to spray. My questions are
    Is that effective enough
    Should I demand stronger treatment
    Is this normal
    I have an extreme phobia and after all the washing and cleaning. I feel like it was a waste of time and money. I have used almost all my financial means up and I feel like I'm going to break down.

2. iamdinner

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 16 2016 2:48:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but the answer to 'is this normal' and 'should I demand more effective treatment' is that it depends on what they sprayed. PCOs are legally bound to apply insecticides exactly as the label specifies. So, if they are using Temprid, for example, they can only reapply every 7-10 days (I think), if they at using Phantom (I think) it's 28 days.

You might be getting the most effective treatment they can offer already and it could also be that they are applying as frequently as they are legally allowed already. I'm also not convinced from my own experience it makes sense to spray every 7-10 or 28 days in the places in your home where the bugs aren't, the residual on some of these products is already much longer than the reapplication period so if you're not spraying actual living breathing bugs then I'm not sure there's value in that.

3. iamdinner

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 16 2016 2:59:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, on the subject of breaking down and being out of cash you're not alone. I'm treating my own house right now with three kids (1 month, 3 years, and 6 years old) and I'm right there with you.
    It'll be over soon and you made a smart move calling in a pro to take care of it, trust me.

4. basementdweller

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 16 2016 4:08:56
    #

Login to Send PM

They should do a follow up assessment after two weeks, even if they're legally bound to treat the home with chemicals after 30 days. 2 weeks is usually when bed bug eggs have hatched and have begun to search for a blood meal.

My PCO used Phantom and said it's good for 6 months. However they would treat the home again if they found physical signs of bed bugs (aka not skin reactions) in 2-3 weeks. I also heard something about them "breaking protocol" when treating my home the first time.

Needless to say, that was almost 4 months ago and I'm still getting bed bugs. In fact they've already infested two brand new beds and new couches.

5. SleeplessinATL

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 16 2016 8:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Perhaps it depends on where you are and what package Terminix sold - we also are using them and we have a 90 day warranty - I have been having them come every 7 - 10 days and they continue to steam and inspect. They are literally looking over our bed in detail weekly and steaming box springs etc. even thought they've not found anything. The one thing I will say - I've had to be relentless with them to get them to schedule appointments and show up but for the $$$$$$ we paid, I want every penny's worth. I'd "bug" them to make sure you're getting what you paid for - even if you feel like a TOTAL "pest"! It's worth it in the end - IMO

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,592 posts in 45,046 topics over 137 months by 19,776 of 20,508 members. Latest: Mousehead, AnxietyCentral, Ohhmichasia