Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Temprid SC question.

(10 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 10:04:42
    #

Login to Send PM

To be concise, I am treating my apartment with Temprid SC. I already have Cimexa in all of the cracks and places that the puffer thing would reach. I am curious on a spray schedule for Temprid. I know two weeks minimum, but what is the maximum to be effective?

Also. Can I spray the downstairs if there are people upstairs? Or spray the upstairs with people downstairs? As long as no one goes into the treated areas until they dry, isn't this safe? Would appreciate a little insight. Thank you in advance!

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 10:11:10
    #

Login to Send PM

There shouldn't be any odor issues with the product, but I'm sure the label specifies how to use it for bedbugs.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 11:22:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I was unclear. It should say 'maximum time between sprayings' to be effective. Is it still effective if I wait 3 weeks, or 4? Why only 2 weeks?

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 12:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear misery,

Both those products are among those that I recommend to my clients.

Properly applied we can expect these products to remain effective for many weeks indoors without any unusual circumstances.

pjb

5. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 13:24:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks P Bello. I just wasn't sure if I absolutely had to stick to that 2 week cycle. I would like to think I properly applied them but who knows. I did copious amounts of what not to do as well as what to do and read the instructions on the bottle.

About spraying unoccupied rooms while premises is occupied, yay or nay? If the consensus is acceptable, I plan to use painters tape on doors to prevent accidental entrance.

6. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 13:26:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim, much thanks for your post! I am following label directions and will be re-reading the booklet tonight for assurance. My biggest fear is my cat and roommate, don't want any accidents and am hoping I can do this room-by-room!

7. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 10:48:21
    #

Login to Send PM

What would be an effective spray schedule? It has been about 10 days since I saw a bug (it was mature) and I'm wondering should I spray again (spray #3) or wait?

8. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 10:53:47
    #

Login to Send PM

If you're just treating the baseboards, three treatments over the course of 4-5 weeks should do the trick. Liquid chemical treatments are just one of the tools for bedbug control.

9. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 12:21:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Baseboards, bed frames (NOT the actual mattress), furniture "feet," and that is all with the Temprid SC spray mixed at 8mL per gallon (according to the labeling) in a garden sprayer. Cimexa went into the outlet voids right after my original post in this thread (none since) and I do laundry all the time, bedstuffs weekly. Any suggestions on anything else? I have children (small) and pets. Appreciate the response Jim!

10. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 12:22:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Apologies. Should say I puffed Cimexa in before the post. Not after.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver